“Anniversary Dinner”

Jimmy's at The Landing Resort & Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's at The Landing Resort & Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$60
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Jimmy's Restaurant ushers in a new era of dining in South Lake Tahoe. Wood-fired Greek and regional California cuisine is prepared to perfection by our classically trained chef. Menus feature the freshest seafood, seasonal vegetables and locally-sourced ingredients. Jimmy's distinctive interior features several private dining alcoves - each with its own fireplace. Four additional firepits invite guests to linger on the patio. In-room dining is also available for hotel guests. An extensive wine list will move even the most seasoned connoisseur. Assisted by the knowledgeable sommelier, guests will find the perfect pairing for their dining experience. Try a signature Ouzo cocktail while relaxing at the impressive onyx bar in Jimmy's Lounge.
Reviewed 20 October 2015

We ate here for our 35th wedding anniversary. Shared the wrapped feta appetizer and wedge salad. My husband had the chicken and I had the mushroom risotto. We had apple pie with a candle for dinner to celebrate. Lovely view of the lake. Classy and comfortable dining.

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

Don't be sucked in by the convenience of Jimmy's if you're staying at the Landing. Their front of house staff are just wonderful but I'm afraid our lunch and dinner there didn't meet our expectations from the rest of the resort.

The kitchen seems to take forever to get things out the door and for dinner on our last night in Tahoe it seemed something went completely awry. Our starters were a bit of a shambles and then over an hour later two very cold steaks were delivered to our table, considering these were $42 a pop, this was very very unacceptable, so off they went to be "remade" as the staff told us. After another long wait, 2 reheated steaks turned up over done and with the wilted veg from sitting under the warmer so long. By this stage we were starving and it was too late to go elsewhere so we ate it. The flavours were decent but at the end of the day they were botched and nowhere near worth their value. The manager eventually came over and apologised and we got given a discount of sorts but our was evening ruined so this didn't make up for it, but we won't be rushing back here any time soon.

1  Thank Andy S
Reviewed 14 October 2015

This restaurant was a lovely surprise within the resort (The Landing) where we spent the weekend. We had breakfast one day and dinner there the next. For breakfast I order Eggs Benedict and had requested the eggs done medium well. My order came and it had salmon instead of ham but the waitress had picked up the wrong order and mine was quickly delivered. One egg had been done just right and the other was too runny (I know most like it that way). Overall, it was delicious and the service was very friendly. My friend asked for fruit to substitute for toast and they brought a lovely fruit bowl. She had a nicely prepared omelet.
For dinner we decided to try a variety of dishes and all were good. The beef vegetable soup was very tasty. The Greek salad was also nicely done. The soft shell crab over a cheesy polenta was very rich and unfortunately the batter on the crab was too thick and greasy. But the polenta was great! We had sea bass for the entree and it was very good. Overall, we enjoyed both meals and would go again. The bartender fixed a perfectly made champagne cocktail that would be great with either meal!

Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner here one night, along with several happy hours. The Watermelon Fizz drink is delicious! I highly recommend it.

For dinner we had the wedge salad, fairly standard, and my friends had the burger.

After dinner I ordered a latte and it was very good! And I'm a bit of a coffee snob. ;)

The restaurant is conveniently located and has indoor/outdoor seating. The staff were all very nice. The only issue we had was the number of gnats flying around outside and sometimes landing in our food. Not the restaurants fault, but I suggest maybe going to dinner either before or after dusk.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

The food and service were fantastic. The décor was lovely - modern and chic which is a little different for Tahoe - with a nice lake view. The one down side, and it is something I dislike at many restaurants, was that as a table for two you are often seated in a line and right next to other tables for two. It makes conversation a bit awkward and it is difficult to relax.