“Your patience will be rewarded!”
Review of The Cork & More

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Cork & More
Cuisines: Deli
Description: Looking for the best in wines, beers, gifts, gourmet foods, take-out delis and yummy pastries? Look no further. You can find it in South Lake Tahoe at The Cork & More. Karla and Jeff Brennan were married in South Lake Tahoe in 2006. They fell in love with Tahoe and a bought a vacation home a few years later. They have been fortunate to enjoy much that this area ­has to offer with their daughter Jacqueline. As they drove up the mountain weekend after weekend they started to realize that they were ready to leave the hustle of San Francisco behind and raise Jacqueline in this unique and invigorating community. The Brennans come to the area with entrepreneurial spirits. Jeff has run his own successful fitness business in San Francisco for nearly two decades. Karla spent over twenty years working for a family owned coffee roasting company in which she was intimately involved in product development. One of her more recent projects including launching a specialty line of teas.
Reviewed 10 August 2018

The Cork and More is a gourmet deli as well as a shop that sells fine cheeses, wines and gifts. It has a garden patio for dining as well as 2 small tables, indoors. I would not bring children here, nor hungry, impatient diners, as we experienced a very long wait for our sandwiches. However, as we were not in a hurry, we were rewarded by our 4 different, delicious sandwich choices: chicken salad, tuna salad, veggie and the special- spinach, artichoke, and Brie cheese. We are picky eaters, but we all declared that we were delighted with our choices. There is a wide selection of cold beverages- juices,waters and the like. There’s also a pastry selection, if you have room for dessert. Sandwich prices range from $7-$10; not cheap but not outrageous, either, considering the quality. While waiting for your sandwich to appear, you can browse the many kinds of jams, mustards, aioli and hostess gifts for sale.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

I recently stopped by the Cork and More for a turkey sandwich to go. I paid $9 for it. When I got home it had two pieces of white bread, a thin line of deli turkey and a thin piece of lettuce. For $9 it was a total ripoff. I tried to talk to the owner, but she has refused to discuss the matter. Do not order sandwiches here.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

This is probably the only place I've ever been where you can get an excellent hot pastrami on rye, have a couple of tasting pours of Italian red wines, chat with the friendly employees and locals, caffienate, stock up on beans and coffee paraphernalia and buy a bottle of premier cru red burgundy. The world needs more stores like this!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Four hours after using my debit card to pay for a small purchase at Cork and More on Saturday, Feb 10, 2018, my bank account had 3 fraudulent charges made to it by Lyft. I do not have a Lyft app, have never used Lyft. I believe the Cork and More employee, Notame, to be involved. Another larger charge was attempted and failed as there was nothing left to steal. The manager, Chris, said on Sunday, he had taken Uber with the same employee. I have filed a fraud claim with my bank; however, it takes time for funds to be restored. This has severely impacted my life this week being left with 98 cents in my account! Of course, the manager took up for his employee; however, from several actions that occurred while I was attempting to pay, I think it was the employee. Use cash if you want to shop here. Yes, it's a lovely store, but shopping there is not worth the grief and inconvenience I have been through this week. It's not over yet and won't be until the fraud investigation is complete and my money back in my account.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Visited the area with my girlfriend for a few day getaway. One of those days he and her were bike riding and ended up far from home with empty bellies. I spotted this place and we went in for some much needed lunch. I didn't find anything disappointing about this place. Friendly staff, good food, and a lot of wine and other assorted foods to buy. Prices seemed a bit high, but that was true for the entire area honestly, and they were worth the money. I recommend swinging by if you are in the area!