“Not So. Cal. Mexican, but we're not in So. Cal”
Review of Los Mexicanos

Los Mexicanos
Ranked #116 of 154 Restaurants in South Lake Tahoe
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 16 April 2017

The food here was quick and inexpensive...but coming from San Diego, our expectations of what quick Mexican food would be was not what we got. It wasn't bad, just not what we were used to (no rolled tacos!!)

The beans tasted to me like garbanzos, not the usual pinto beans used in refried beans...not sure if that's true, but that's what it tasted like. Not bad, just not the norm for us. They use grilled chicken in enchiladas and such, which kind of comes out a bit dry and chewy, but flavorful.

All in all, not bad for a quick bite, but be aware that if you're thinking Roberto's or some of the many many Mexican places in So. Cal, this will not be that.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Stick to the tacos at this place - decent. The carnitas was a bit dry (over fried) but the carne asada was delicious. Service is super quick and also very inexpensive. The burrito was meh - the wrap was not grilled, and it lacked any strong flavor. But then again, my basis for comparison is El Farolito in SF Mission.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

I am a local so I have visited almost every month of the year.
I would put them in my top 4 Mexican Restaurants. The food is good, the service is excellent, and the prices are more than fair. My only negatives would be the place does not have much atmosphere and no views. But if you want good authetic Mexican food, eat here. Breakfast is really good!!!

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

We ate here because it was close to our lodging. But we were pleasantly surprised because the food is so good. These were the best chicken fajitas I have had in a long time. However, there is no ambience...it is like a cheap diner inside and it was quite chilly.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Greasy unappetizing food, had much better from chilies!!! low grade service, the toilets were "authentic" yuk never will go back never recommend when crabby bills, PJ's and Guppies are just up the road.My sons daughter had a messy plate of over cooked and greasy chicken, my fajita was poorly done 1/2 cooked peppers half was bought out 7 mins after starting my meal, ad hoc wiring behind our table, very hickey and indicative of the hidden values behind the scenes. not recommend low quality, bankrupt nutrition and dirty.