“Best Italian in Tahoe”

Primo's Italian Bistro
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Primo's Italian Bistro serves authentic Italian recipes and boasts the most extensive selection of Italian wines on the South Shore. Large parties, catering, reservations and to-go orders are welcome. We also have quarterly wine pairing dinners.
Reviewed 31 August 2018

If you are hoping to enjoy an evening that is as close to authentic Italian restaurant as you can get, this is the spot. Whenever we are craving Italian that we cannot make at home we head to Primos. We always have a lovely evening, excellent food and a good time. I highly recommend trying it out.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 24 August 2018

I looked up best pasta dishes and Primos was the first place that popped up. I ordered the fettuccine alfredo and added shrimp. Every bite was amazing and I wished I had more. It's a small place and located on the back end of the strip. There's outside eating also. If I ever return this will be the first place I go to.

Date of visit: August 2018
Jim P, Propietario at Primo's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Wow! What an awesome review to read! Thank you so much, Mrs. Urban! We were named the best of Tahoe Pasta this year, and reading your review confirms it! Thank you, and please do come visit us again soon.
Cheers,

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Good food not so good service
To long of a wait to be served
30 minutes to get a cold cut appetizer
Horrible horrible service

Date of visit: August 2018
Jim P, Owner at Primo's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hi Manuel,
I am sorry to hear that this was your experience at my restaurant. Would you mind sharing the details of your visit with me so that I can address them with my staff? We pride ourselves on good food and service, so reading this worries me. I would like to be able to check in with the team who was working the night you were there. Please feel free to send me a message or give me a call at the restaurant. (530) 600-2220. Again, I apologize that we did not live up to expectations!
Best,

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for early dinner. The patio is very nice and shady. The food was fantastic, every dish is handmade. Fresh pasta and sauces. The fettuccine Alfredo and lasagna were outstanding. Friendly service, great food, I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2018
Jim P, Owner at Primo's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hi Jo,
I just wanted to send a quick thank you for your review. It means a lot to hear from our guests after they leave, especially when they have great experiences. I am happy you enjoyed your meal on the patio, and hope you visit again soon!
Cheers,

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We were on the way back to Stateline, NV from spending the day hiking. We found Primo's almost by accident, I is i the back of a shopping center. It was early. My taste buds have been destroyed but radiation, but tis place brought them alive. Bread was great with olive oil and vinegar just the way it should be. great salad, and my wife loved her baked eggplant parmesan, I shared the linguine and sauce. Sauce was great. The service was great by Mica. Truly a great find will recommend this small friendly place. get there early as it gets buys later. They surpassed our every expectation

Date of visit: June 2018