“Local Italian bistro”

Primo's Italian Bistro
Price range: US$14 - US$30
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Primo's Italian Bistro serves authentic Italian recipes and boasts the most extensive selection of Italian wines on the South Shore. Large parties, catering, reservations and to-go orders are welcome. We also have quarterly wine pairing dinners.
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Good food and service. Small locals places. Non descript strip mall location. Home made pasta the fettuccine Alfredo is full of garlic not authentic Italian with nutmeg.
Veal is good but a little tough

Date of visit: April 2018
Jim P, Propietario at Primo's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Hi JR,
I really appreciate you sharing your feedback online, although I am sorry to hear that your veal was tough! I am grateful that you still rated us four-stars. I hope you return again so that we can provide you with a five-star experience next time.
Cheers,

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Had the chicken Parmesan w a salad. Quality chicken lightly breaded. Rich marinara. Friendly staff. Would highly recommend, quality food. Great salt water fish tank to watch fish and anemones.

Date of visit: March 2018
Jim P, Owner at Primo's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

I really appreciate your review and recommendation. I hope we get the chance to serve you again soon!
Cheers,

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I visited Tahoe with my family for the first time and was looking for a good Italian place to eat. We decided on here because it was close to where we were trying to go afterward. I was impressed. I'm from Virginia, and we have some decent Italian places but Primo's food tasted authentic. I'd highly recommend eating here anytime.

Date of visit: August 2017

Hi there,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts here on TripAdvisor. My family opened the first Primo's back in Beacon Hill, Boston in 1962. I still use a lot of the same family recipes, and love carrying on my families legacy. Thank you kindly!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

First off we had a reservation on Sat night and we’re seated promptly in the bar. We had been watching grandchildren all week and were ready for a nice evening out. Ordered a bottle of wine, bruschetta and our entrees. 15 minutes later no wine. We asked another staff member to check. In the meantime we saw our waiter walking the restaurant chatting with bar staff and kitchen people. He had obviously forgotten and brought the wine and made a weak apology about how busy he was. Entrees arrived by a different staff member who asked if we would like fresh Parmesan. We said yes please. 10 minutes later we had to ask another staff member if we could get the Parmesan and more water. Waiter shows a few minutes later with both. In the meantime a couple who apparently knew the mgmt stood about 5 feet away and kept looking in our direction eyeing our table and getting lots of attention from all the staff. As soon as we finished our entrees the waiter appears and asked if we wanted dessert. We declined. Within seconds the bill was on our table. In less than a minute he was back asking if he could run a quick card for us. Since we still had lots of wine left, we told him we weren’t ready yet. The minute we did put a card out, the waiter was there to pick it up and process. The saddest part is when we got home, our kids said they had called in to try and pay for our meal as a thank you and were told “we don’t do that here”. Moral of the story...go if you have connections with the management or don’t mind being ignored.

Good afternoon,
I just got really disappointed reading your review. I wish I could change everything about that experience for you. As a restaurant owner, it is my responsibility to see that everyone who walks in the door is treated with kindness and respect. What you describe sounds downright bad and completely unacceptable. I can assure you that I will be having a talk with my staff right away, and would like the opportunity to make it up to you. Feel free to give me a call at the restaurant to discuss further.
All my best,

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Great local place to eat. Fantastic Italian. The lasagna was homemade and incredible. Be prepared it takes 20 minutes. The veal parmagana was very flavorful. Awesome selection of wine. The service was fantastic. Don’t let the strip mall location fool you. You won’t be sorry.

Date of visit: March 2018
Jim P, Owner at Primo's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words. Our lasagna is fresh baked, well everything we make is fresh, so it does take some time! I appreciate your patience, and I'm glad you enjoyed some nice wine while you waited. Please visit again soon!
Best wishes,