1,207 results
All reviews bedroom villa full kitchen ice restaurant heavenly gondola heavenly village valet parking time share grocery store kids club washer and dryer marriott vacation club within walking distance per day movie theater timeshare property concierge desk large pool
Reviewed 5 November 2018

First time in Reno and this place is amazing! The hotel was centrally located to were you needed/wanted to go. I had a bike so the experience was definitely enjoyable. The hotel offered activities on certain days, which was unexpected. The only complaint was that the pool got very crowded.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

It sounds like the perfect vacation with Marriott Vacation Club! Thank you for your review and for making us a part of your #vacationgreatness

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights. Great location. Right in the center of the action. Plenty of restaurants, shopping, casinos and pubs within walking distance. Nice to have room to spread out. Kitchen was well stocked although we didn’t cook. Nice to have breakfast in the room of muffins and coffee (bought at local grocery) and to be able to do laundry on the trip. Laundry soap was provided for two loads. Didn’t use the pool or hot tub (cold) but looked fun and people were using it. Great value for the money and we just included the price of the valet in the room. Allow 10 minutes for the valet to get your car, we called down prior. Left a jacket in the car and I called and they had it for us. There was a classics car show at Heavenly Village, right next door. Nice to earn Marriott points.

Date of stay: October 2018

Thank you for your review of your recent stay! We are happy you enjoyed your time with Marriott Vacation Club and look forward to more #vacationgreatness soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

My wife, our adult daughter and I stayed recently at this well located Marriott property in South Lake Tahoe. Upon arrival our car was quickly taken care of by the valet and we were greeted at the front desk with fresh cookies and a warm welcome. Our accommodations were scrupulously clean and newly appointed, giving our daughter her own space while my wife and I enjoyed a separate bedroom. The property is right at the gondola base, convenient for skiing in winter and hiking and exploring in the summer. An abundance of shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance. When we went out for the day, housekeeping was prompt and thorough, running the dishwasher and restocking used supplies without additional request. Kudos to a well trained staff. We enjoyed the stay and look forward to returning!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

We are always glad to hear about #vacationgreatness! Thank you for your review and for making Marriott Vacation Club a part of your travels. We look forward to hearing about your next stay!

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

I love staying at the Marriott time shares (we don’t have one, but love that we can’t rent one when it’s not used).

We had a one bedroom with large on suite. Kitchen which included cookware, plates, silverware, cups, and more. Washer, dryer, sofa and fireplace.

This hotel is in the heart of town with lots of shops, restaurants, and the lake nearby.

Hotel offers concierge services which we used to schedule a boat cruise around the lake.

Hotel has a pool, sauna, barbecues, bars, activities, small store, valet parking.
Will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation with us! Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

My parents booked a villa with an adjoining room for my husband and I and our young son. They initially had some issues with what they thought they had booked, but Nate at the front desk took amazing care of them. My husband, son and I arrived after my parents had checked in and as soon as I gave Nate my name, he knew exactly who I was and made it easy for us to get up into the room without disturbing my parents night in Tahoe.
The rooms were lovely! A perfect set up for our family. Great FULL kitchen, dining table good for six people, and a living space with fireplace and tv. The "master suite" that was apart of the villa with incredible. Big bed, jet bath and huge bathroom with a stand alone shower. Our room was a standard room that attached to the other side of the villa. It was one of the nicest "standard" rooms I've stayed in. Perfect for the 3 of us.
The amenities are wonderful. Heated pool (year round I believe), 3 hot tubs, grills with utensils and games like ladder ball spread out around the outside court yard.
For the price, it's a wonderful get away. I highly recommend it to anyone. Couples, families, whomever. It's a prime location, just a block away from stateline and the casinos and a walk to the lake and an easy drive to wherever you want to go.
Can't wait to go back next year!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lindsays297

Thank you for your 5-star TripAdvisor review! We are delighted your family enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again for more #vacationgreatness