1,200 results
All reviews bedroom villa full kitchen heavenly gondola ice restaurant heavenly village valet parking time share grocery store washer and dryer marriott vacation club pool area within walking distance per day movie theater concierge desk timeshare property large pool
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Visited in September. Weather still warm enough to use the pool. Crowds and prices both down, Right in the middle of South Lake Tahoe and next to the gondola. Excellent restaurants nearby. Unfortunately, only a few of the villas have balconies.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2016

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Marriott's Timber Lodge.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Wife and I did a Road Trip (see my review on Marriott LAX) this was our first stop and it was awesome. I mean awesome it poured down rain the whole time we were there and we didn't car there was so much for us to do even in the off season and it was still great. We so will be returning again maybe even during the summer and enjoy some miniature golf. Also see our new friend at Tahoe Old Time Photos we are hoping he will bring in some old time photos for Hollywood like back in its hay day in the 50's and stuff. Also back when their roads were not atrocious like they are now. Also just walk to Hard Rock Cafe and visit with our new friend there Josh the bar tender he is a great guy very friendly. Only thing I didn't like about this place was Valet only and $29 a day? I mean really! I do not like valet I know some people do and that is great for them but I drive an older Manual Transmission Corvette most people today do not know how to drive those and I personally do not like people driving my car but and then to have to pay $29 a day to park is ridiculous. I understand they do need to pay for parking and stuff but their lot is inside the building so its not property they are paying for and not really using sorta speak and I understand not forcing someone who is not parking a car to pay for parking a car but still $29 and forcing people to only do Valet shouldn't be done. Which is why this place lost 1 Star in my review. The pool and hot tub was great the pool was heated you could tell. Not heated as in like 80 degrees or as hot as the hot tub but I would say around 72ish. So that was nice too.

Room Tip: One with a view and not of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Ali B, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all of the activities and attractions of the local area. We appreciate your feedback Thank you for your review of Marriott's Timber Lodge.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

This is a resort. It's good for families as well as couples. There is a room for small kids called the cub house where they can play and interact. There is also a room with video games for older kids. Located within the Heavenly Village. There is a restaurant that can be accessed from the hotel. The pool had a mechanical chair that can be used for persons on a wheel chair. The person can sit on the chair and the chair can place them in the pool. There are BBQ's in the pool area and hot tubs and 2 fire pits. Great places to eat within walking distance (Base Camp, Blue Dog, California Burger place). Resort is within walking distance to the Nevada state line where Casinos are found. Concierge was great!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Ali B, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Thank you for your perfect review of your stay at Marriott's Timber Lodge! We are so happy to hear that your whole family enjoyed your visit with us and that our concierge took such wonderful care of you. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Friendly, helpful staff. Large rooms that are adequately appointed. The fireplace is a nice add and while we did not utilize it, nice to have a full kitchen with oven. We used the well appointed gym, pool and Jacuzzi often. There are also many convenient restaurants for dinner.

Room Tip: I believe the best views are looking at the pool area. I think the other rooms look onto the streets.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Hi Barbara. Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you found the large rooms adequately appointed and appreciated the cooking facilities. We hope you will choose to visit Marriott's TimberLodge in the near future.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

It does have nice rooms, concierge, and such. It is also right next to one of Heavenly's gondola, so it can claim ski-in, ski-out. (Our visit was not during the ski season.)
However, the best thing is that some of the rooms can be doubled up with a kitchen/living area in between. So, it is perfect for a large family or 2 small families. The kitchen is well stocked (a large fridge and dish washer) and daily cleaning is provided. You can save on dining out and have more fun cooking together. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: get the ones with kitchen if you want to cook
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Ali B, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

We are so excited that you found your villa to be perfect for your family. Thank you for your perfect, five star review of your stay at Marriott's Timber Lodge and we are excited for your return.