I booked a room here through booking.com at a great price. I wasn’t expecting much considering the low price but was pleasantly surprised on checking in. The exterior has the same older motel appearance that a lot of the other hotels in the area have. But don’t be fooled the interior of the rooms have been tastefully remolded. We stayed in a king suite and had plenty of space for our luggage skis and our dog. That said it wasn’t perfect.
- the bed could be a lot more comfortable
- the tv could be a bit bigger (v minor though cus why are you watching tv when you’re in Tahoe!)
- the rooms have paper thin walls so much that you could hear conversations in the next room if you’re quiet enough
-the back parking lot could have a few more lights
Other than that it’s a great budget hotel for a day trip for skiing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe has over 70 comfortable rooms, private beach access, outdoor heated swimming pool, coin laundry, continental breakfast and our Meeting Room available for groups, gatherings and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Pines Mountain House Of Tahoe Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Big Pines Mountain Lake Tahoe