All reviews oatmeal coffee maker private beach cold cereal within walking distance small pool heavenly gondola free beach pass harvey's casino nice stay spacious room english muffin free breakfast heavenly village state line gas fireplace motel
Reviewed 3 January 2018

The building is older, with thin walls and squeaky floors/ceilings, but they've been working on improvements. In our room we could clearly hear people walking on the floor above us, a neighbor's 2 AM shower and a neighbor talking.
Our shower was very small and worn looking, but the bathroom sink and toilet were new along with new pergo type flooring throughout the room. The wall heater was old but it worked. The flat screen TV, fridge and microwave were all good. The bed was hard and didn't have a box springs. The exterior of the buildings were tired looking. The motel is within a couple blocks of the casinos and the Heavenly Valley Tram. The room was very clean.

Room Tip: second floor rooms might be quieter because the floor/ceilings squeak.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Ruben Z, Manager at Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you very much for your business and support. We will continue improving until we gain your full satisfaction.

Again, thank you!

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We decided to come up one day earlier and I found what I thought was a good deal on Hotels.com. After driving 8 hours, I wanted a nice cozy room to relax in before we met the rest of the family the next day at a different hotel.
First of all, they charged me a resort fee. This place has no resort qualities whatsoever!! The minute I saw the dirty front door of the room and the dirt in front of it my heart sank. I opened the door and it did not get much better. Some of the walls were dirty. The bathroom had what appeared to be a new faux wood floor but the shower, sink and bath walls were on horrible condition. My double Queen room with a fireplace was disappointing. It was more like 2 queen beds and a tiny small gas fireplace slapped on a wall right next to an old, out dated clunky dresser that I could not see the fireplace from the second bed. They charged a resort fee for a dump like slapping lipstick on a Pig!

I asked for a different room but was told there were no others available. I will never stay here again! Unless you are partying and don't care where you sleep since it is close to the casino or there's a severe blizzard and this is the only place available; I would NOT recommend this place.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Yulonda M

Hi Yulonda,

We’re sorry you were unhappy - we’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Staff were very kind and courteous. We had a slight problem with our furnace, and when I told management, they were at my room door just a few moments after I let them know, they fixed it quickly. I will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Ruben Z, Manager at Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback and support!

Please come back soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We always try to stay here when we can, as the in-room fireplace is a big draw, especially in the winter months. Very clean room, great location for walking distance to restaurants and Heavenly gondolas...yes, even in the winter it was a short enough walk.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Ruben Z, Manager at Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Hi Karen,

We truly appreciate your business and support!

Please come back soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We had nothing but an enjoyable trip when we stayed at Big Pines! We easily upgraded once we were there into a larger room and it was the best decision! Our room had a kitchenette and electronic fireplace. The room was perfect for adult ladies for the weekend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Ruben Z, Manager at Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Hi,

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Please come back soon!