Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$122
Holiday Inn Express South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$162
Americana Village(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$133
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$164
  • Pool
Hotel Azure(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$114
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$193
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Marriott's Timber Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Stardust Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$149
The Landing Resort & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
US$347
US$253
Hotwire.com
1,374 results
All reviewsbeer gardenbase campfire pitgranolahot tubcool placefun hoteladirondack chairsbunk bedscorn holefamily roomping pongboutique hotelfree breakfastno air conditioningacross the streetheavenly village
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My wife has been celiac seven years and claims there is no better gluten free pizza on the whole planet than Base Camp Pizza in South Lake Tahoe. The regular pizza is equally as great! Great place to get a warm drink and pizza after a day out skiing or sightseeing. Expect a wait most times of the day but well worth it!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan A
Reviewed 12 January 2018

I'm baffled by the positive reviews.This place is just a Motel with decent decorations. The walls are terrible, the layout is terrible, the mattress is terrible, the noise is terrible, because at the end of the day this is a motel. On top of that, the housekeeping is terrible. Our room was dirty, crackers on the floor, bugs in the bathroom and around the room, spider webs over the bed, stained sheets, etc. The front desk person wasn't very friendly and didn't even attempt to make an effort to look if there was an alternative room available. The heater is awkward and blows directly in your face when you're in bed. Don't expect to get any sleep here. The only good part about this place is the proximity to heavenly village, and potentially the beer garden, but avoid staying here. Added pictures, see for yourself.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Tom T
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Just about to check out of this great hotel and couldn't leave without writing about my great experience. The hotel, complex, and rooms are hip "mountain modern," perfect for a stay in the mountains and Tahoe. Everything is sparkly clean and the energy is great. If you want to have some beers and socialize with others, great! The beer garden and hot tubs and fire pits are perfect. If you want to just keep to yourself that's fine, too, there are plenty of areas to just chill out off to the side.

The hotel is pet-friendly, too (some rooms) and thoughtfully set up. For example, the pet friendly rooms are on the first floor for easy in and out with your pet. My 18 year old yellow lab really liked that. :)

Staff were super friendly, too. I stayed in an "indie traveller" room with a fridge and microwave but forgot to bring utensils. No problem, staff were eager to lend me some (one suggestion would be to include a few utensils in these rooms). Every person I interacted with on staff was super friendly, professional, and eager to make sure I had a nice stay.

I travel to Tahoe often from SF and will probably keep coming back here regularly especially if they run deals or promos. I was going to stay elsewhere but came across a nice promo and the value I got was so great that I'll probably make this my go-to spot when returning. The location, just a short walk from the Gondola and across the street from the casinos yet tucked off to the side just enough for some calm, is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank nyctravis
Richard J, General Manager at Basecamp South Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay here at Basecamp! I am so glad you had a wonderful time and enjoyed our hip mountain retreat. Our beer garden and hot tubs are popular and we are glad that you had an opportunity to enjoy those during your recent stay at Basecamp. We are so happy to hear that your dog was able to join you during your visit and had a great time as well. Thanks again for your kind words. I hope your travels bring you back this way soon!

- “so glad our staff added to your visit to Basecamp and we are looking forward to your next trip”

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Base Camp is so great. I love the décor, the property with the trees and the rooms are so cozy. The staff is very nice and there is lots to do. My husband loves live music and beer. I love the hot tubs and our family had a great time relaxing and laughing around the fire pits. The shopping is close and it feels really safe walking around at night. There is so much attention to detail I really appreciated it.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay here at Basecamp! I am so glad you had a wonderful time and enjoyed how awesome our property is. We are so glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the live music at our on-site brewery "Outpost Brewing Co."Thanks again for your kind words. I hope your travels bring you back this way soon!

- “so glad you chose to stay at Basecamp and enjoyed our attention to detail as well as our customer service"

Reviewed 9 January 2018

South Lake Tahoe used to be a bunch of dumpy old motels, with few if any nice places to stay. And then there were the casino hotels across the state line. With the new gondola to Heavenly Valley, there has been a lot of overpriced, uber luxury ski hotel development in the area. And still a lot of dumpy old motels. Basecamp took one or two of those dumpy old places and upgraded them to be a little hip, environmentally responsible, with a hiker/biker/ski bum with a little money mentality. EV outlet for cars. Shower mounted toiletries in multiuse containers. Nice hot tubs. Communal areas for sharing a brewski and some popcorn. More comfortable and better maintained than most pld "old" South Lake Tahoe, but hardly luxurious. And while not ridiculously priced, like the new places surrounding the gondola, it's not cheap, either. TAhoe is still a destination resort, after all.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay here at Basecamp! I am so glad you had a wonderful time and enjoyed our close proximity to nature and the lake. Our amenities such as EV outlet for electric cars, hot tubs and on-site brewery is what makes Basecamp stick out in the area. So glad you were able to experience these while visiting us last week.Thanks again for your kind words. I hope your travels bring you back this way soon!

- “so glad our updated unique property added that extra touch to your stay in Tahoe”