“rented a jet ski, had fun, but the employees were not polite. The manager trains poorly.”

Ski Run Boat Company
Book In Advance
More Info
US$20.00*
and up
South Lake Tahoe Stand-Up Paddleboard Rental
More attraction details
Owner description: The best way to get to experience Lake Tahoe is from the water. It is easy and surprisingly inexpensive to rent a Powerboat, Pontoon Boat, Wake Board/Water Ski Boat or Sailboat for as little as One Hour or for Multiple Days. The Ski Run Boat Company has the Largest and Safest fleet of boats on Lake Tahoe. This gives you and your party the chance to see destinations like Emerald Bay, Ski Beach, Sand Harbor and the Rubicon cliffs on your own schedule. You can bring a picnic lunch or stop by one of the many Restaurants around the Lake. All Boats come fully fueled and equipped with a VHF Radio and Coast Guard approved safety equipment and Life Vests. The Ski Run Boat Company also rents all the accessories you would need to make a great day of boating even better. Choose from Single or Double Tubes, Wakeboards Water Skis and More.
Reviewed 7 July 2017

The employees are poorly trained as to how to deal with the public. Some are rude and lie to manipulate folks. I was treated inappropriately and lied to. Later in the day, I decided to let management know about the situation and suggested he improve training. I became convinced that the manager is the problem and condones rough treatment and lying to the public. He thinks it is efficient to deal with crowds of visitors. I also talked to the owner of the property who sublets to the boat operation. He was very nice and understanding person who I observed for quite some time tending carefully to his customers. He just has a tenant which needs a new manager. The temporary, 20 something employees who run the place just are not trained properly, and in fact may be instructed to use inappropriate methods. Could be a great place if they got someone with honesty and public relations ability to run it.

All reviews
in 37 reviews
"tahoe"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

My BIL rented a party boat for us for a half day on the lake... the staff was super nice and the boat was really nice. What was amazing was the experience of being on Lake Tahoe and seeing it in its glory! We visited Emerald Bay and went swimming in the chilly water, too! It was a perfect day, perfect water, so calm, so beautiful so awesome!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

My husband and I rented a boat for half day on the Lake. We had great service from booking to turning in the boat. The boats are kept in great condition, the staff is terrific and the pricing competitive. Thank you for a great day on the Lake.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Beware of the prices you are given when inquiring and booking your adventure with the local office. I was clearly given one price that included a discount by booking before 9:00 a.m. for para-sailing and was also told I didn't even need a reservation, but I went ahead and did anyways.

Well upon arrival day a very rude man at the para-sail tent informed me there were no discounts and that they were extremely booked and that's what happens when you use a ticketing agent. Which I DID NOT.

I was charged considerable more that the prices I was given just 4 days before.

On a positive note the crew on the boat is great and cannot say enough about them!

1  Thank Cathy C
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 November 2016

The staff/management were EXTREMELY rude and unprofessional. The JET SKI TOUR is a MAJOR rip-off, as you can drive to the castle for FREE! The ride straight there and back was white knuckled as there was white-caps on Lake Tahoe. VERY scary and dangerous! Pay particular attention to the detailed contract they have you sign, cause they charged us additional $200 over the $436.88 for "Shallow Water" as I approached the marina shaken and in fear of my life the lake was so rough, but the instructor had us cut our engines in shallow water and the current bumped me into rocks, mind you their jet ski's are pretty tattered and beat up. MOST DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE TIME OR MONEY!