“Delicious Pizza but Terrible Experience”
Review of Sierra Pizza

Sierra Pizza
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 50
Description: We use the best ingredients found in the industry including, Stanislaus Tomato sauce, whole milk mozzarella, Truckee Sourdough bread, and fresh vegetables grown in California's Central Valley. We source as local as possible and are aware of our impact. We have developed a carbon analysis to understand our impact. Visit our Facebook page or stop by the parlor to offer feedback and learn of our results. When Size Matters - Our 15" Medium is Their Large. We have over 40 seats available at the parlor indoors and outdoors for your enjoyment. The HDTV plays the sports of your choice and the vibe is always Tahoe local. Free WiFi helps students, travelers, and professionals. We ride as hard as or harder than you and know how important it is to fill up on good food and beer after a long day in Tahoe. Dine-In, Take-out or Delivery be sure to treat yourself to the best pizza Tahoe has to offer.
Reviewed 3 January 2018

My girlfriend and I went here as we wanted to eat a good hearty (and affordable) meal after a day on the ski slopes - pizza is always the obvious option for that right?! We arrived and ordered the 20" 'pullmans' vegetarian pizza, and confirmed with the waitress that it was enough for 2 people (her response: "yeh that would definitely be!"). Sounds good, so we ordered. It was $21.68 including tax, which is very very pricey for a pizza but we were hungry and were happy to pay that for a good meal.

We ended up waiting around 40minutes for the pizza as the waiter delivered our pizza to the wrong table (we ordered 10 minutes before them). The pizza eventually arrived, and I have to concede that it was a delicious pizza, up there with the most tasty I have ever had. However it had an extremely thin crust, and between the two of us it ended up barely rating as a snack.

I would only recommend going to this pizza joint if you are on a heavily calorie restricted diet and don't want to actually get full. The pizza is excellent (service was okay too) but you would probably need two pizzas per person $40 to feel somewhat full. For that price you may as well go order a t-bone steak from a high end resteraunt, complete with side dishes and salad. Bon appetite.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We visited during the week when the area was a little dead. So, the place was pretty empty. It's not a fancy sit-down place but more of a sports bar layout with two big pool tables. Seating other than bar stools is at long tables. The pizza was actually pretty good thin crust fare. It was nice of the proprietor to replace one of the pizzas that was a little overdone, not because we asked but because he felt they screwed up. We ate the burnt one anyway, though. I can imagine this place gets pretty rocking when there's a good crowd. It was a nice lunch stop for us.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We sort of stumbled upon Sierra Pizza because we were renting a house with family a short walk away. The pizza is terrific--tons of options and incredibly tasty. We actually visited twice over a five-day visit! Great place for kids and grownups. Staff was fantastic!

Reviewed 25 March 2017

The owner opened up a new and better place. Moved from the small shop on Al Tahoe to the new, excellent location. After six months of living without his pizza, I'm so glad.
Best pizza in Tahoe. I was in town for only two days and the pizza was so good the first time, I went back on my second day. I usually do gluten free and their gluten free crust is delish. I went a little rogue and had the rueben pizza. I normally don't do "non pizza" pizza, but this was the right choice. No nitrates in the pastrami! Second day I went for the gluten non GMO crust because I only wanted a slice. Sausage and yellow banana peppers. Huge slice and the crust was worth the exposure to gluten. All organic.
Reek, the owner, will have the beer and wine in place in a couple of weeks but don't let that deter you between now and then. They have an excellent sound system, play great tunes and have lots of great games.
Also, they WASH the lettuce for the very fresh and ample salads. (No thrice rinsed bagged stuff. They WASH it themselves to avoid the chemicals.) That's commitment to healthy food.
The spot is really cool. Cute on the outside, totally RAD on the inside. In the summer they're going to serve the beach crowd - maybe on the beach with bike delivery service. This place is set up to be a goldmine. I wish I could buy it.

1  Thank BlissfulinVestal
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

This place is a little bit outside of the touristy areas, but the extra five minutes in the car is way worth it. There are about 25 different varieties of pizza, ranging from Reuben to Philly Cheesesteak. Our cashier/server, Barek, was awesome and extremely personable. I'll be back for sure next time I'm in Lake Tahoe.