“Good pizza and great selection of beers by the ounce”
Review of Lake Tahoe AleWorx

Lake Tahoe AleWorx
Reviewed 3 September 2018

As we walked by the front entrance we were offered a free piece of pizza. A few steps forward and a bite later we turned around and went in to dine on pizza. Yes, that free sample of pesto pizza impressed us enough to try the place out. The place was pretty empty so the wait service was great. The barmaid gave me a wrist band and walked me over to the wall of taps. There were at least 10 different types of beer taps with a description of each with the brewery it came from. They were all priced by the ounce. Swiping my wristband across the selected area by that tap allowed me to start filling my glass with the selected brew. The pesto and chicken pizza was thin crusted and delicious. The prices on the beer and pizza was very resonable for South Lake Tahoe restaurants. Overall it was a great experience. It's located next to The Lucky Beaver where outside wait lines are becoming the norm. So don't be afraid to bop into Lake Tahoe Ale Works. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, I was.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Fell upon this spot after a show at Harvey’s and danced for hours! Such a cool concept with the head phones and double djs! Great vibe, great music and super fun spot! We could have stayed and danced until morning if they would have let us! Definitely coming back :)

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018

The food here is very good. As long as you eat in. The pizzas are usually well made and unique. Although, on occasion I have had one that is undercooked. The beer and wine selection varies, so there is always something new to try. I am not a big fan of serving myself drinks as this is something I can do at home. The indoor space gets very loud due to the cement floors and lack of sound barriers. The outdoor space is quiet nice when it is warm out. They often have live music which makes for a fun place to hang out.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Great selection of local brews. Big on IPAs. Fun location and great pit stop on the bike trail around the lake.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Turned off by the loudness of the performer monday night, possibly my head wasn’t acclimated to the altitude yet, so went elsewhere but it looked interesting so went back tonight for some brews. My son joined us tonight, he is really big on craft brews. He thought it was ok. We were not overly impressed by having to serve ourselves. If you are not quick you either get too much foam or you pre drain off too much and waste your money. We all agreed it’s better to get a well poured brew served. Can’t comment on the food since we didn’t have any. At lease the performed lowered his volume enough to allow us to have a nice conversation without having to shout.