Review Highlights
INCREDIBLE CAT EXPERIENCE IN SAN BLAS

We had an AMAZING experience (2 couples) and were accommodated well by Chris. Capt Franco was very... read more

Reviewed 4 February 2021
593javis
Key Biscayne, Florida
via mobile
Great catamaran and destination

5 days in isolated anchorages with no tourist at all, amazing catamaran and the perfect crew, huge... read more

Reviewed 2 February 2021
M8456DKjordip

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2017

My friends and I just got back from sailing the San Blas islands - absolutely amazing experience. It was my first time on a sailing trip but certainly not the last. Javier and Valentina were spectacular hosts. They were always there when we needed something but you would not even know they were on the boat when we were relaxing. Abundant fresh food, kayaks, a paddle board and snorkeling equipment all contributed to a memorable time. Islands were beautiful. Long trip from Panama City (3 hours) but worth the time.

Date of experience: March 2017
infocharter, Gerente at Catamaran Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Lovely people with positive attitude. Thank you for coming to Paradise with us.

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

Definetly a must, great Capitan , chef and staff, beatiful islands and decente pricing a must , 3 hr drive from Panama City, caribean waters, relax atmosfere, The kuna Indiana Of the región interesting people.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 3 February 2016

The San Blas Islands are fabulous - warm turquoise waters, 400 small tropical islands, over half uninhabited, the wonderful Kuna Yala people. The San Blas islands are a real getaway. Our Catamaran Adventure was not what we expected though. First of all the boat we reserved was broken so we ended up on a smaller boat. Then the driver they sent for us was rude and drove like a maniac in a van with one door that wouldn't open and seats of wood with some vinyl over them. He stopped at a grocery store at 5:30 a.m. And told us to buy food while he kept us waiting while he ate breakfast. We were asked what kind of food and alcohol we'd like the boat stocked with only to arrive at a boat with very little food and alcohol - luckily we brought some wine and bought some food but we had to pay for extra food the Kuna Yaka brought to our boat. Thank goodness we brought water. The skipper turned on the generator just when we went to bed and on the last night the couple who skippered the boat got into a rip roaring fight with yelling and slapping. This was all in closed quarters. We paid over $6,000 for 5 people for 3 days for this. We made the best of it but the catamaran adventure was very poor quality.

Date of experience: January 2016
4  Thank ahendren
infocharter, Propietario at Catamaran Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Hello and thank you for your comments, it really helps us improve our service. I will just offer our perspective on your complaints about the service because I think you left out some important facts:

- Yes, the original boat had an engine failure, you didn´t mention we paid you back $850 for transferring you to another charter company (look for "Catamaran Experience", El Porvenir on Trip Advisor), even though it was Christmas holidays, and everything in San Blas is completely booked, we managed to find a very similar boat for you. None of the San Blas company would have done that, some would not even return your money. The simple way for us was to return you your money, instead we managed to get an almost brand new catamaran for you from another catamaran company. We dealt with the issue according to our quality standards, this is not a house, its a boat, and boats break down, we were ultimately responsible for that and so we dealt with the issue the best way.

- Concerning the driver, you have to understand that we don´t do transfers, it is not our job and its never included in our prices, we suggest a driver and you are the one to decide if you want to book with him, you can find many on the internet if you like. The fact is that you also have to pay directly to him the fee. The driver is still waiting for your apology for been as he says "rude to him" not that I can say the same, it is just what he has commented to me. He said you didn´t pay for the ride and that your attitude towards him was totally unrespectfull at all times, that is what he has said to me, I cannot comment on that because I was not there to see what happened, he did call me and sounded very stressed for the situation you caused. To make sure nothing else happens, we have decided to review our collaboration with this driver and are currently surveying closely his work.

- We, as all charter companies, don´t encourage getting drunk on board, mostly because it can be very uncomfortable for all the people on board, normal quantity of alcohol to be consumed responsibly is half a bottle of wine and 2 beers a day. I think you were offered that, but as I said you were transferred to another charter company and they have their own standards.

- About the captain and cook from the other company "Catamaran Experience", in the 3 years I have known them , we have not heard of any issues, in fact they are considered to be the typical happy couple that enjoy their life and work in Paradise.

We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you, as you can see in our Trip Advisor page we offer the best holidays in San Blas and we always try to accommodate to the need of passengers. If you decide for some reason to come back we can work out a discount for you :)

Best regards,
Catamaran Adventures San Blas

Reviewed 23 January 2016

We spent four days on this catamaran just before Christmas. The crew made excellent meals with Alex, just in for a short while from Paris, and Cota working some magic. The berths were very comfortable and we had a great time. Kayaks were great as was the snorkeling. I cannot describe how beautiful these island were. I have been to a lot of beaches and these were the nicest. A boat trip is only as good as the crew and this was the best. Thanks captain!

Date of experience: December 2015
1  Thank Cechef1
Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

We went for a 5 day sail through the San Blas Islands and it was simply incredible! The captain and cook were very friendly and hospitable. They sailed us to the best beaches, islands and snorkeling areas in the San Blas Islands. The meals and drinks were great. We ate fresh caught lobster, crab and fish every meal. They generally brought us to three different locations each day and each one was unique and in some cases, we were the only sailboat around. This was simply a fantastic trip and a great way to see one of the most unspoiled tropical paradises I have ever visited. Highly recommended!!

Date of experience: November 2015