“Kind, compassionate and friendly staff in a warm and comfortable accommodation.”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We have been fortunate to be placed in this hotel by the American Cancer Society for the majority of my husband's six week cancer treatment.  They accommodated us in a large comfortable ADA compliant room, and have kindly stored my husbands oxygen machine over the weekend.  Whenever we return from treatment we are greeted warmly by both human and canine staff; there are pictures of the resident golden retriever over the fireplace, he has lived here for 16 years! There is hot breakfast every morning with a varied selection, which is helping to keep up hubby's nutrition, and there is a homemade dinner offered at night, with a complimentary beer or wine. Last night we were treated to a delicious flavorful chicken noodle soup, just what the doctor ordered...check out my photo!
We really can't speak highly enough of the Holiday Inn Express in Spokane Valley WA, and know you'll be impressed too.

• Stayed January 2012
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a lovely review, and posting the photo of Yong's awesome soup! We want every guest to feel as if they are at home here, no matter the reason for their stay. You are family to us and anything you need, you just let us know. We work with the American Cancer Society so that guests like you can have a comfortable homey place that you know to help take some of the stress away from a stressful time. This is a big reason we have Kip, our Stress Manager here!

I am so happy that you were sent to us and again, if there is ever anything we can do to make it easier for you, please let us know!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I'm on the road on average for two weeks every month. I usually stay at a Holiday Inn Express when I can. This particular hotel is the best HIE of a very good group. Rooms are more than comfortable, and very quiet. The front desk crew, especially a young woman named Jesslyne, were the essence of hospitable and competent. The "Manager's Dinners" in the breakfast area were also just the ticket by allowing me to relax and eat without driving anywhere. (Great, filling chow as well!)
I highly recommend staying here, especially if you want a good base camp for traveling to surrounding counties.

Room Tip: I stayed in a 3rd floor suite (Priority Club upgrade), which was quiet, convenient, and spacious. Th...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Thank you so much for the amazing review! Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it does sound like we do just that with you each time you are here! I am glad you enjoyed our Manager's Reception and that the beds were comfy, but most importantly I am happy to see that Jesslyne did a fantastic job impressing you! I will certainly pass your kudos to her, she is a great team member!

Thank you again and we will see you soon!
Castlegar, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2012

It was a great place to stay - Nice sized rooms - and we even had a big wing back chair in our room so we didnt have to sit on the bed and watch tv.
The hot tub was nice , but the pool was wayyy to cold to even attemp to swim in, we were dissapointed there.
This is the first hotel I was at where there was a nacho and beer/wine bar - all complimentary of course. And a milk and cookie bar. The Complimentary breakfast was really good. Not your normal coffee and muffin type deal, but actual scrambled eggs, sausage , pancakes and a wide variety of yogurts etc... The only thing reason I didn't give this hotel a 5/5 was the bed. It was terribly uncomfortable for myself and my spouse- neither of us had a restfull sleep because of it, but all the perks made up for it in the long run.

Room Tip: When Prompted if you would like a jetted tub or couch - and you're torn , choose the tub - it...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great and honest review! We always appreciate comments whether good or bad, so that we can give kudos where they are deserved and take steps to address concerns that guests have. I am glad you liked all the little perks, we love having them available for our guests. The Manager's Receptions we have on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are always popular with our guests.

I am sorry to see that the pool was too cold. It has been resolved and the temperature is back to 84 degrees! I am also sorry that your sleep was not a great experience either. I would certainly like to make it up to you on your next trip through Spokane. Please contact me personally and I will do what I can to make it up to you.

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next visit with us! Our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" and you are family now! Thank you one more time and see you soon!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I travel frequently on business and rarely get the outstanding guest service I received at the Spokane Valley Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
cohenj, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, 31 December 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review. Our mission is to Impress Guests and it sounds like we did just that with you! The team strives to make sure every guest has a chance to relax and be themselves. Thank you again and we look forward to impressing you on your next visit!!
Clancy, Montana
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We make the trip from Helena MT to Seattle WA a few times a year to visit friends (and get a "city fix"!) and we always stay at this hotel. It is conveniently close to I-90, very clean and a good value. The staff is always extremely helpful. Best of all, they have a resident golden retriever, "Kip", that my kids adore!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the great review! Our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" and that is just what you are, family!! Kip always love when family comes in to visit, and we all look forward to having you stay whenever you are in town. Thank you again and we will see you soon!!