All reviews sebayur island italian food dive master strong currents indonesian lunch manta point batu bolong snorkeling guide dive staff manta rays hard and soft corals remote island fabulous dive granita beach bar beautiful island cuttlefish
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is one of the nicest places we’ve stayed in Indonesia! Rooms are thatched huts with a cloth lining, which makes the room more mosquito-proof. The rooms are spacious and well designed, including an armoire with shelves, hangars and a safe. And outlets next to each side of the bed! The bathroom is not air-conditioned and is vented to the outdoors so you need to keep the bathroom door closed. However it also was spacious and clean.

One thing we found odd is that there is no shower mat/towel. We used one of the hand towels but made the mistake of leaving it on the floor so housekeeping took it away. When we asked for another hand towel, we received a washcloth! Towels and linens are laundered every 3 days. All water must be brought in by boat, and the laundry is sent out.

The resort is inclusive of meals and water, plus some coke, sprite and orange juice in your fridge. Other drinks are extra. We found the food to be pretty bland, and if you have special dietary needs such as dairy-free or gluten-free it helps to bring some of your own items. If you can find a waitperson who speaks English well, they will help you create a better-tasting meal.

In all areas some of the staff members speak English fairly well and others don’t.

The dive operation on site is Sebayur Diving which needs to be reviewed separately. However the snorkeling in front of the hotel is fantastic, especially at high tide.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2018

So it took me a few months to rememberto write this review, but now that I am writing it I can't say enough good things about this resort. The owners were not there when we visited in May but managers Leo and Marcus were there and took great care of us. They were friendly and helpful in every possible way. The food was great and the head of the kitchen area (I forget his name) even made recommendations as to what we might like, etc; he really went above and beyond and the kitchen easily catered to our dietary needs (vegetarian for me, nothing spicy for my husband). We dove for five days straight for a total of 11 dives. Some of the dives had pretty strong currents and as an intermediate diver I definitely had some nerves, but my dive master Reyfan took care of me and made me feel comfortable the whole time. We saw manta rays, eagle rays, sharks, turtles, eels, mantis shrimp, barracuda, cuttlefish, crocodile fish, nudi branches, and so much more. The rooms were gorgeous, spacious, and clean with comfortable beds, hot showers, and a refrigerator stocked with free water and soda. We had two lawn chairs on a nice beach area in front of our room to relax after diving and watch some of the most amazing sunsets. The beach bar is nice and stocked. The snorkeling off the dock in front of the resort is nearly as good as the diving; I even did a night snorkel and saw some pretty cool creatures. And the staff is willing to take you by boat to one end of the island so you can snorkel back with the current if you want. Importantly for me, the resort is very environmentally conscious, conscious of waste and even using bamboo straws for drinks. I'm trying to think of something bad to say to even out this review, but I really can't think of anything. The boat ride out was long and a bit bumpy...there you go. But can't say I wouldn't do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks Leo, Marcus, and Reyfan for everything!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018

This is one of those places you wish TripAdvisor would add a 6th or even a 7th star. We have been to luxury hotels with access to diving but this is something else: a beautiful, relaxed dive resort with luxury service.
The rooms are series of large, beautiful and well-furnished bungalows set along a very nice coast line.
The food is amazing: the owner is Italian so lunch is Indonesian but dinner is Italian - and extraordinarily good. The spaghetti carbonara is the best I have ever tasted; and every third night they serve up a range of excellent Italian cheese from an importer in Bali.
Service is exceptionally friendly and efficient - the manager is half-Dutch, looks like a surfing dude and sorts out anything in no time with a smile and a joke.
The diving team is also friendly and super efficient - you just know you are in good hands.
And the diving spots are amongst the best in the world...

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 3 August 2018

It was a very beautiful resort, with 12 cabins spread across the beach. The food was delicious and the service was great. The hotel guide for the Komodo dragons was excellent, and the snorkelling was some of the best I've ever done.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie G
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My wife Laura and I stayed at the Komodo Island resort on our honeymoon last July. We travelled round the world for our honeymoon and the Komodo resort is probably our favourite experience!

The tours were spectacular, the food was great (especially the Indonesian lunches) and we really were made to feel that they were so appreciative that we came on our honeymoon.

We highly recommend this place!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple