All reviews owners speak good english day trip sink roosters taxi balcony reception airport bed
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We had made a last-minute booking at Pavilla. We e-mailed and asked if there was a driver who could pick us up. No answer, so we took the plane to Labuan Bajo and just checked it there, but no driver. We asked another taxi and he drove us to Pavilla. Once whe arrived, we asked why they didnt answered. ‘Misscommunication’, oké! It can happen! We hired a scooter, but we got a helmet that couldnt close, because the strap was broken. The WiFi was sometimes bad and during the 6 nights we were there they only cleaned once (the first day). The bathroom sometimes smelled and the noise of the airconditioning in the hallway was hearable. We did extended our stay (from 3 to 6 nights), because Labuan Bajo is such a Nice place, it is a cheap place and they’ve got warm water! Also the girls who are working there are very nice, you can ask everyting and they arranged a shuttle back to the AirPort. So.. there is some work to do here, but there are also good things.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annebijsterbosch92
Reviewed 14 February 2018

the guest house is an affordable place. The
Cons: is a shame the place is so far away from the town! is a 40-45 minute hike, with hills, confusing to get there, as during night time is quite dark.
-I've found a cigarette in the bathroom area. The bathroom was not too clean.
-No credit card accepted, so bring cash.
-power went off twice, during my two night stay. Did come back after 15 minutes the first time, and then 1 hour the second time.
Pros: the staff was nice, you can rent a scooter for the day for rp50k, is a great deal as each way taxi tot he town is around rp40/50k
-spacious room, the bedroom was clean, the bathroom not so good.
-close and direct to the airport.
-very good wifi

Overall was good for an affordable place, but is sad is so far from town.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carla_M86
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed for two nights which were pleasant, quiet rooms and comfy bed.

Rooms:
Big room with comfy bed, only a fleece throw rather than sheet on the bed but very soft & looked clean. AC works well and doesn’t freeze you at night. Balcony with clothes rail to dry clothes which was handy. The bathroom was basic but clean & had hot water. Soap/shampoo not provided. There was also a big sink in the entrance lobby area to the room. Overall was clean but as the windows in the bathroom aren’t sealed a lot of ants get in & was bitten by mozzies. A bit of netting at the slots would help.

Service: very friendly receptionist checked me in, has all my info to hand. Her English was very good. The second receptionist was also very sweet but spoke less English. I think it’s their family home as reception closed at night. They could organise the Komodo day trip for 500k but found cheaper in town for 400k. They also organised a taxi for me to go to the airport for 50k (although it was 20 mins late!).

Location: it’s SO far from the town it’s not really walkable. The road it’s on is very dark and for 90% of the walk there are no paths. The verges are so muddy you have to walk in the road and the moped drivers aren’t aware of personal space it seems! It took about 40 mins, some uphill and some downhill so not easier going or coming back. Walking back at night I missed the turning as it’s dark and got lost. No shops or cafes close by. I paid 40k for a taxi back from town one evening. Easy to reach from the airport and quiet but not as convenient to walk around as it looks on the map. I think if it was more central the rates would be a lot more.

Would happily go back but only if I had my own transport.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Rpickett18
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This is a new guesthouse and is about 25 to 30 minutes walk to the town - uphill on the way back! Rooms a reasonable size but with an 'odd' kitchen type area (has some cupboard and kitchen sink) somebody else referred to in their review. Not sure what it was for. We were given room 207 when we arrived but after one night could no longer stand the smell within this 'kitchen' area so moved to a first floor room which did not have any view - but did have wifi as near reception!! Rooms on 2nd floor had access to an outside balcony and overlooked greenery. Breakfast not available but you can buy drinks and food from the corner shop next to Pavilla (shop owner is lovely!). Pavilla owners speak good English and are helpful.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017

The room was clean and spacious with a good bed and warm water, and most importantly the service was excellent. The owners speak good English and were very helpful when we didn't get our luggage upon arrival.

The only thing that I didn't like about this hotel is the fact that it wasn't in the center and it didn't serve breakfast. There aren't any places serving breakfast close by either. You basically have to rent a motorbike to go down the hill, and you're in the main street of Labuan Bajo in less than 10 minutes. Owners can arrange drivers very easily for you too.

You can also hear the Muezzin early in the morning, and there's a rooster to wake you up, but that's like in most places in Indonesia!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple