Lowest prices for your stay
US$66
Hotels.com
US$73
Travelocity
US$54
PricelineUS$66
Orbitz.comUS$54
Trip.comUS$54
All reviews parking place my opinion many times budget price bonus hamina balcony suite sauna reception disappointment accommodation surroundings furniture kettle types ikea
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2022

Location fine, easy to find and close to both Kotka and Hamina. Room in purple aisle was quite peaceful, although no air conditioning and keeping windows open caused smoke to enter the room. Ok hostel to spend a night or two.

Date of stay: August 2022
Reviewed 27 July 2022

Good place for the rest in a long trip. If you have a long trip you can take this place for the rest and recover. Good location, good sauna, unfortunately restaurant is closed, friendly and customer-oriented staff. Many thanks)

Date of stay: July 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2022

Great sauna, Good breakfest, ok room (smelled slightly of cigarrette smoke).
Checkin and checkout was really easy outside of reception opening hours!
Excellent for the price!

The place is weird in a good way in my opinion. It even has a full size swimming pool that unfortunately has been closed for a long time.

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 7 March 2022

I was a bit suspicious when I first booked this hotel. I've seen it many times from the motor way and it doesn't look inviting. However, when I had to stay a few nights in Kotka I started to consider it as an option. The only "real hotel" in Kotka is Sokos Hotel in the center but it was very highly priced. Three times more than this one. I also have a dog and this was a dog friendly hotel. I decided to give Leikari a try.

At my arrival there was no reception open when I arrived but I got informed by an sms with a locker code. It worked fine and I got the keys. The hotel looks like worn and old but not crappy. Feels like on an old cruise ship on the Baltic Sea. The interior is better than outside.

Then, the parking was right at the entrance and free. Very handy to carry all the baggages into the room. This is really a bonus. In many hotels there is just a street parking or expensive parking hall.

The room was fine. Not fancy but in condition, clean and with new Ikea furnitures. The room I booked was a suite with sauna and balcony and it was like a small apartment. Far from the typical hotel room of just from 12 to 16 square meters.

I had read bad reviews of the breakfast but ended up paying for it. It was a good decision because in my opinion it had everything I needed for a quick start of the day. It is less than standard but has everything to make good sandwiches. Also juice, coffee and tea is there and at this time (I don't know if always) there was also waffles. The only con was that on weekdays the breakfast is served until 8 and on weekends until 10. Not nice for late sleepers.

I was very satisfied to my stay but be extra careful and consider whether the hotel is suitable for you.

+ budget price
+ big well equipped rooms also for families, sauna and balcony is a nice extra
+ car access
+ dogs welcome
+ easily controllable heating

- totally nothing in the surroundings, nowhere to walk, nothing to see
- only accessible by car, no bus, no walking
- gym and swimming pool were not in use, good to ask before making the booking
- poor sound insulation

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 5 March 2022

nice place and good hotel, very close to Kotka and Hamina. breakfast excellent , very quiet in internal . hot water and beautiful natural. thanks and I planned return back again. Staff very friendly and ready help in 24 hours as important in the night also.

Date of stay: February 2022