US$130
  • Breakfast included
The Lathkil Hotel(Over Haddon)
US$139
  • Restaurant
US$207
US$201
  • Breakfast included
Biggin Hall Country House Hotel(Biggin-by-Hartington)
US$125
US$104
US$136
US$126
The Westminster Hotel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$98
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$142
US$130
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstoilet blockthe pubthe high peak traildog friendly sitesite ownersclean showerunderfloor heatinglovely weekendexcellent sitelong weekendcamperscaravanbridgetsinksfacilitieswalksfestival
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Our family of four have just had a weekend staying here in our caravan. This site is fantastic, with it's gravelled site road and hardstanding pitches each with own water tap. The toilet and shower block are pretty new and are just what you would want. The site entrance is secure with a pincode gate entry system. Finally there's the spectacular views from the pitches looking out over the valley. Bridget and Gary have only just taken over the site ( and brilliant pub), they are great people who are warm, friendly and so helpful. I think we're going to have to book well in advance through next year once word gets around about this site, especially now it has more realistic pitch fees. Thanks for such a lovely weekend Bridget, Gary and your team, see you all soon.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian L
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

I beleive the camp site has just been taken over from what I can tell from previous comments, but I found the place to be great for a caravan. Beautiful views over the hills, great base to explore the Peak District as long as you have a car. The shower block is nice and clean and new, electric hook up and water point for every pitch, with a pub on site...we seemed to be the few to brave late October, but I would do it again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Thank scottierocket .
Reviewed 14 September 2016

A beautiful setting, good shower block/toilets, pot washing facility. But in our experience wouldn't be able to recommend this site. The main reason being, is that the people that run this place are seriously lacking in a pleasant customer service manner. When we made a comment in relation to paying a lot of money (in relation to other campsites) because we appeared to be paying for 2 x pitches but had been squeezed onto one. We were treated with shouting, aggressive words and behaviour, definitely not positive constructive behaviour. The staff were also reluctant to give out information on walks from the campsites, failing to tell us that we could get onto the High Peak Trail, by just crossing over the road and walking across a couple of fields. We got the impression that they wanted you to stay at the site/pub to spend money. When we asked for a couple of bowls of chips, we were told that we couldn't have chips, only to be told a few minutes later that we could order pizza's though. This seemed a bit strange when constantly seeing meals being served with chips on the side!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2016

SLURRY !!!!!!!!!! We packed up our tent and dog at 11 pm (yes pm) on the second night of our 4 day stay at the peak district. The Duke of York made our stay to the worst camping experience I’ve ever had since 20 years of camping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here we go Duke of York, I think you expected this. I have lots of time to write this because we drove back home.
- We sat in front of our tent at 10.00 pm enjoyed the view - trying to tune out the noise of the road - till a farmer decided to spread SLUURY next to use.
- He came 4 times fully loaded
- After he started spreading his SLURRY right behind us, from where the wind was blowing, I decided to ask the Duke of York if they could not stop it, and I got a NO.
- Can you imagine that smell !!!!!!!!!!!!!! after 30 minutes I felt so sick, and shocked that no one warned us. WE would have moved our tent and wouldn’t have said a thing.
- Lovely grazing fields around the campsite, with just little stone walls to separate campsite with farmland, lucky us to have had the little stone wall.
I grow up right beside a farm and I knew if we’ve stayed here we would have smelled for the rest of our 1 week holiday.
In the PUB they had no sympathy for us at all. NO CUSTORMER SERVICE !!! They started laughing and said: “this is the country side love” and we were funny from the begging on because of asking friendly if we could change our booking. We accepted the no we got, as it was our mistake booking this campsite at the first place.
From that point on I knew why we asked, as we arrived , I just had a bad feeling about this place.
I won’t start writing about… the grass not cut, no bin bags, the tent pitch is on a sloop, designated dog walking fields can´t be used as due to SLURRY, noisy road ……………
I feel very sorry for this place and wish them all the best to survive. As it was summer holidays and all other campsites we passed where nearly full. The Duke of York was the one with a couple of caravans and us.
Hope to find a closure now. Oh yes we did not get a cent back, as we should aspect camping beside SLURRY on our holiday ;-)
But I think the DUKE of YORK needs the 100 pounds for 4 nights, more than we do!!
GOOD LUCK

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Jenny H
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, campsite very well maintained with lovely clean toilet/shower block. Lady who was running the site was very helpful and mindful of other groups making excessive noise.
The food in the pub was outstanding we had fish and chips and steak and ale pie all obvious home made, cooked to perfection and steaming hot when it arrived at the table....done even get me started on the baked Camembert we had for starters absolutely amazing and that goes for the service as well.
The only thing I would say could be a little bothersom is the pitches seemed a little close together and would be a bit cosy if the site was very busy.
Good stomp to a local stone circle via a couple of pubs made for a good day out.
10/10 will come again.