“Bad experience”

Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A traditional English pub serving great food, using locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. Regular themed food nights with Curries, Chinese, Mexican, Spanish and Italian nights throughout the year. Huge garden with purpose built BBQ area for Al Fresco dining. Large function room and BBQ areas for hire. Please note we are open for drinks only on Mondays.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited on 05/04/2018, with my husband and daughter. we waited an hour and a half for our food, and it was not worth the wait. I ordered griddled chicken with salad, my husband ordered fish and chips and my daughter ordered onion rings and chips. Firstly whilst waiting for our food to arrive there were friends of the kitchen staff who were walking into the kitchen and bringing food out and sitting and eating it. When the food finally arrived my chicken definitely wasn't griddled, it was hard and dry, my husbands fish and chips was also dry and overcooked, my daughters onion rings had hairs on them.
I definitely will not be eating in here again.

7  Thank stagecoachlogistics

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I've enjoyed the Sunday carvery several times over the past few months and it's always delicious, as it was again today. Great meat, selection of veg and gravy! However, I felt compelled to give a bit of feedback on my latest visit, as on arrival today there was no record of my booking. This is the second time in recent months that I have called the pub a week or so in advance and made a booking, only for it to have not been recorded and the staff having to scramble around to try to seat us. It makes for a stressful experience.

The other issue we had today was A member of staff approaching us 55 minutes into our visit and saying they would need the table back shortly, as there was 40 people coming in. We had not been made aware of the table being needed back as we were suited (this has never been the case before) and I appreciate it was a busy Easter Sunday but really, trying to get rid of us after less than an hour? 1h30 should be the absolute minimum for paying customers who potentially wanted to stay for another drink. In the end we felt rather pushed out and it left a sour taste.

I really love the carvery and hope these issues with booking and communication can be resolved because it wasn't good enough today unfortunately.

davidtgreen, Owner at Ring O Bells, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for your review and providing me with your feedback. I am sorry your booking was not in the diary, I am not sure if you spoke to someone who took your booking or left a message on the answering machine, either way you should have had confirmation, this was an error on our part. I have spoken to the staff who were working on Sunday and discussed the issues you raised. This should not have happened and I apologise for it. I was working on the carvery and yes, it was very busy, so busy in fact that I didn't have a chance to do my usual checking with you and other customers that everything was ok with your visit to my pub.
I hope the measures I have put in place will fix the issues you raised and hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We were visiting the area for the weekend and, not knowing the area, we looked on TripAdvisor for a well recommended place to eat and selected this establishment as a result of reading the reviews. This is the first time we have ever been disappointed.

As we entered, we could see quite a few tables taken and it was quite noisy. There were a number of television screens dotted around the bar and restaurant areas all showing sporting events. We placed an order for drinks and were directed to a box away from the bar for menus and asked where we would be sitting. We selected a table and placed our order which was for griddled chicken and salad and steak pie and chips.

After a reasonable wait, the food arrived at our table along with a box of condiments and the polite young lady checked we had everything we needed before leaving us to enjoy our meal. Unfortunately, this is where it all went downhill. The chicken was dry and the edges very brown/hard (burnt/overcooked) and the steak pie had an almost burnt flaky pastry lid and hardly any "steak" inside. However, the chips were excellent. Neither my husband or I were enjoying the food or the rather loud, shouty atmosphere so decided to leave without finishing our meals.

We will definitely not be returning!!

2  Thank Moby56250
davidtgreen, Owner at Ring O Bells, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your time at my pub. I will discuss this with my staff and respond to you in more detail as I am bitterly disappointed that you did not enjoy your experience at my pub.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

landlord Dave is attentive to each and every customer as he carves the meat (selection of gammon, pork, beef and turkey). Then self serve potatoes and a great selection of seasonal veg. All served with the essential stuffing ball and Yorkshire pud! Bar staff work hard and always friendly, offering a great selection of drinks; real ales, gin is a speciality, and local cider. Good size function room out the back is available to hire (have done twice), and a great outdoor area with kids play area, seating, and bbq (also available to hire).

1  Thank Emma T
davidtgreen, Owner at Ring O Bells, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for your great review, my staff and I are delighted you have enjoyed your times with us. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

You know your in for a treat when the owner is serving you your carvery, they are simply to 'die for' and you know however much you want to eat the 'lot' it will never happen! This is the friendliest pub with a real traditional flavour and blazing fire. The food is always very good lunch or dinner but the weekend carvery is just on another level. It has a range of activities from, skittles, darts and even several French Petanque pitches with an excellent BBQ garden with large children's play area. The beers are all well kept and managed and this pub remains the secret jewel in Nailsea many hostelries.

davidtgreen, Owner at Ring O Bells, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you so much for your review, my staff and I are delighted you enjoyed your time here.
We hope to see you in the very near future.