All reviews the managers sub penthouse amazing views bribie island walking track fourth floor sunshine coast family apartment outdoor area cool breeze absolute waterfront main bedroom water front bulcock beach glasshouse mountains summer heat shopping centre
Reviewed 8 June 2018

We stayed four nights in unit 26 in the sub penthouse on the 8th floor. We arrived Monday afternoon and discovered on Monday night that we had no hot water. There wasn’t too much we could do about it given the time of night so we notified the office first thing Tuesday morning. The manager Helen was very helpful and gave us a key to access another unit to use the shower whilst waiting for our hot water to be fixed. The plumber arrived on Tuesday and determined that it was a job for the electrician. The electrician didn’t arrive until Thursday and it wasn’t until nearly lunch time Thursday that it was fixed and we finally had hot water. Whilst we don’t blame anyone for this happening we felt that our stay was not as good as we had hoped for as traipsing up and down the elevator in our pyjamas in winter to have a shower was not our idea of a luxury holiday. We had hoped that the owner of the apartment would have offered some kind of compensation but nothing of the sort was offered. Upon checkout on Friday I asked if we could request a complimentary one or two nights stay at a later date. The request was put to the owner but he only offered us a 20% discount on our next stay. Very disappointing really as we only had hot water for one day out of the four days we were there. The views were fantastic though and the apartment was lovely and clean. Very comfortable bed and great location.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank MichelleJason1724
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I booked with Windward apartments and I paid in Full. When I looked at my credit card they took out 5 % extra. I phoned them and they advised if I wasn't happy they would give me a FULL refund. I asked for a refund and after 12 days I was given a refund but 10% short. I phoned and e mailed them but Paul and Helen never replied. Just be careful booking with them as they dont reply to emails and dont care about sorting issues out. They put it down to exchange rates which is just a way of them ripping me off. Shame on you I am now short of 10% of my full price. Hope you are happy

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great views, great balcony, great services, great main bedroom, great kitchen, the other rooms are a little small and so is the living room with a few things a little outdated. Pool is a little dirty and small but still nice and location is great. I would stay here again if I was coming back to golden beach.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2018

My husband and I booked fri-sun for his birthday weekend, we really wanted take time to unwind from the city, take some walks and not cook, sit on the balcony and relax.
we did all this and the room we hired was a 2 bedroom, as we also like to have space around us...this ticked all our boxes and was exactly what we needed, in fact our unit although a little dated was extremely clean, spacious and furniture is modern & comfy.
We could walk to coles or woolies close by & restaurants in the town centre.
We finished our weekend with the Caloundra sunday markets (disappointing as a lot fewer stalls than last time we visited).
We did swim in the pool, but I found it a little claustrophobic as it is a small pool with walls around it, not a very appealing atmosphere.
In summary we enjoyed our stay in the unit and the managers were very nice also.

Room Tip: we enjoyed unit 15
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We stayed in Unit 16 in January. The room was very nicely decorated and had everything we needed including a CD and DVD collection. In reception there were also DVDs, Books and Toys to borrow. The room had 4 air conditioners throughout but with the cool breeze we hardly needed to use them. The main bedroom had its own balcony, TV and large ensuite with spa bath and shower. I found walking to the Supermarket a bit far in the Summer Heat but was able to borrow (from Reception) a drag along type trolley to bring the shopping back in which I thought was very thoughtful. Our children made good use of the pool and pool toys provided.

Room Tip: Number 16 is 3br and on the end so beautiful view and breeze.
Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family