All reviewsindoor poolwashing machinelarge balconyself cateringwell equipped gymbed apartmentfree shuttlefacilities are greatlisbon areaconference facilitiesfamily holidayrelaxing hotelfull kitchenpublic transportcity centreexcellent hotelthe hotel offers
Reviewed 13 July 2018

To start with this Hotel proved to be way better than I thought it would be.
My first impression was a little apprehensive as the foyer of the hotel is plain and basic and a little tired. My doubts soon faded as I checked in which was simple and straight forward. Our room on the 4th floor overlooking the pool was better than I was expecting and fantastically clean. With a lovely comfortable bed. Breakfast was suburb, omelettes cooked to order and plenty of other choice.
The pool and other facilities are great, spotlessly clean and well cared for, but in some areas again a little tired, but nothing to be concerned about. All the staff were excellent, from the people on the desk, who were very helpful to the room cleaning ladies who were always cheerful. Nothing was too much trouble. I would like to give a special Thank You to all the Bar Staff and Dining Hall Staff, who always made us feel very welcome and looked after us and the children.
I highly recommend this Hotel.
MY ONE AND ONLY negative point regarding the hotel is its location. It is a little out of the way. If you have a car, there is no problem, if you are happy to use the public transport, no problem.
Absolutely nothing else to be negative about.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Just back from a fantastic weekend away in Lisbon with a large group of friends.

We arrived at Solplay Apartments early on Friday morning and reception informed us that although check in wasn't until 3pm they were doing all they could to prepare our apartments in advance of this.

We got some swimwear out of our bags and headed for the pool.

There is a great swim up bar there run by the lovely Tania who always had a smile and did everything to make our stay a great one.

They regularly have a DJ who sets up by the pool and plays some good tunes through the day.

As this hotel is about 20mins taxi ride from the centre of Lisbon we spent most of our time there and only ventured into the city at night time.

We had booked the two bedroom apartments which were very large and spotlessly clean, in fact the whole complex was very well kept.

We had asked if they would put on a BBQ for our group on the Saturday evening which they said would not be a problem.

It cost 20 euro per person for some of the nicest grilled meats I've tasted along with rice, potatoes and veg.

The manager of the hotel was a nice gentleman and also very accomodating to our needs and requests.

Personally I couldn't fault this hotel from the cleanliness, good facilities, nice food and super friendly staff I would definitely go back if visiting Lisbon again.

Thanks again Solplay....Liam

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Big room like a suite with a kitchen. Big dining room and large separate bedroom.
The two swimming pools are perfect. Good restaurant, nice bar and very good breakfast.
I recommend this place although it is quite far from the center of Lisboa. But in another hand this hotel is close to the sea and has a big free car-park.

Room Tip: the last floor is a good tip
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Thank you for a wonderful stay. Gorgeous view, large balcony, clean room, huge bed with soft linen and pillows. Delicious breakfast. Lisbon is 15 minutes by taxi or 20 minutes by bus. We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018

The Solplay is a large Apartment hotel that is away from the bustle of Lisbon, but close enough to commute in. I stopped at the Solplay on a business trip, where we also used the conference facilities. This is a large out-of-town hotel with indoor and outdoor pools, a decent sized gym and very good conference facilities. The Reception area is large and bright and the bar area is also a bright and spacious place with both indoor and outdoor seating.
The grounds of the hotel are lovely with rosemary bushes and lots of herbs all growing close to walkways, all centred around a pool.

I found the conference facilities to be very good, with excellent temperature control. Having a coffee and pastry outdoors was also a nice touch.

I used the gym and it was also fine. It seems you can have private tuition if you wish.

My room was very large with a separate sitting area, a kitchen with fridge, cooker, microwave. I had two TV sets. The balcony was huge and overlooked the sea.

Uber taxis work well here and getting into the city with them was effortless and quick.

Overall, a lovely hotel, that you can use as a fully functioning apartment if you wish.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business