We spent 5 days at Bunga Raya with a group of friends and I would never return. We all experienced consistently bad service throughout our stay. It took 45 mins to get food served in the restaurant, despite it being empty apart from is. After a couple of nights, I realised that our sheets were not being changed and there was sand in our beds...I specifically requested that the sheets be changed twice, but they never were. Used plates and glasses were never cleared from our balcony after meals were served. Towels were never available at the pool and took 5-10mins to get after I walked into the reception to ask for them. The staff were friendly, but just completely untrained and acted with no urgency. While the beaches and rooms were very nice, I would never go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As sensual and exotic as the hibiscus flower that bears its name, Bunga Raya Island Resort is a luxurious jewel set on a coral reef island just off the coast of Borneo. A secluded island hideaway of 47 timbered villas, the resort is framed by white sand beach and virgin jungle. Hillside villas reflect the simplicity of the Borneo architectural style. A hilltop spa blends the finest Traditional Asian and Western treatments using restorative powers of indigenous plants and oils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bunga Raya Island Resort And Spa
- Bunga Raya Island Hotel Kota Kinabalu