“Evening at the pizeria”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Really I wanted to give this place 3.5...cos it was better than average but not very good and that is because we had a limited menu choice.....unfortunately the restaurant was closed because they were having a wedding so we went to the pizzeria and possibly chose badly.......the service was very good .... I love it when they go Wine?...you say yes and they get you a red wine ...or white...no choice.....(my wife says there was a wine list but kept that quiet till now.....sneaky). I love that....the house wine was fine....and only €8 I think......we had the Tuscan burger selection for €20...and they were fine though I have a sneaky suspicion that one was tripe!......then we shared a dessert which was very nice.....a cream thing.....but not heavy or rich.....and finally coffee......I'm not sure I would go there for pizza but I definitely want to try the proper restaurant......so I think trip advisor need to change the scoring ther is always something between average and very good.....and that's where the pizzeria sits

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

19 of us visited here for a friends 50th Birthday whilst in Tuscany.
Corresponded with them direct via email on our request and they were very responsive and helpful. We arrived at 400pm and had exclusive use of their pool and had antipasti outside by the pool which was amazing - the most fantastic tastes and variety. The olives in garlic were delicious. Then at 630pm we moved inside for the grill and pizza dishes. Nothing was too much trouble and the service was exceptional.
The main meal was a little hit and miss with service as there were so many of us and one of the adults didn't get his order but the food that came was lovely and traditional Tuscan and tasty.
We also bought lovely wine from here from Andrea Bocellis family.
Even if you aren't staying here (as they do offer accommodation) it's worth a visit for a meal. There is a Childrens play park by the restaurant too.

Highly highly recommend

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I have been to La Vallata on three separate occasions. On each visit the quality of food and level of service has been dispicable,but I have assumed that the restaurant was having a bad night!

On one occasion we could smell the burnt pizza before it arrived at the table! On another occasion we were asked to move tables three times because another resident had reserved our table- we refused to move when we were placed next to the toilets!

Most recently I took a party of 12 residents to the restaurant only to find that we were the only customers and instead of being feted we were ignored- the staff preferred to sit another table and tell stories rather than look after our requirements

On every occasion they say that house wine is not available and try to sell a 25euro wine!

We actually live locally, and are not tourists, and three times is enough- we will never return!

sonblume, Proprietario at La Vallata, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear sir/madam,
I think you are talking about another restaurant....we have no tables near the toilets....we always sell our housewine....is our pride!!!!!
And...we are always full of work....our products quality excellent.....we live thanks our customers, so why we had to depreciate you????
Sorry, but YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ANOTHER RESTAURANT!!!!!

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We tried this restaurant on a Sunday lunch. Typical regional dishes with very high quality (be careful about the quantity!), kind and efficient service. On the outside there is a large green area for the kids to play and a "beach" with a swimming pool. The restaurant can handle large groups.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

We arrived here on our first night staying at a villa across the way (which you could see from the restaurant, so that was pretty cool). Given several meals in both Florence and Rome, this was actually the best meal we had in the area. At 20:00, the place was empty. It filled up a little bit by the time we left but surprisingly was not crowded. I noticed a lot of tables getting the charcuterie appetizer, which looked awesome but we did not partake. There were four of us and we started with their house wine. It was very good for just a few Euros. We got four primi and two secondi. We probably could have done with just three primi as the portions were very large. We shared everything. The four pastas we got were the wild boar, gnocchi, beef ragu and ravioli. All four were outstanding. My personal favorite was the gnocchi. It was seasonal but had so much fresh spring flavor! The gnocchi themselves were fluffy little pillows of awesome. The pasta for the wild boar we all agreed was slightly underdone but otherwise a perfect dish. The ravioli were cooked perfectly and the ragu was amazing. Overall, the dishes looked fairly simple but packed a ton of flavor. We also got the pork and Angus steak upon our server's recommendation. The Angus was cooked medium rare and sliced thinly. We really enjoyed it. But strangely all of us preferred the pork dish which came with Francesca apples. Somehow these sauteed apples were like mind blowing. They had little polenta cakes that were super tasty as well. Most of the staff doesn't know English so just be prepared.

1  Thank qtsam11