“10/10! Couldn’t get any better”
Review of The Chester Arms

The Chester Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chester Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Chicheley
Price range: US$5 - US$37
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Village pub and restaurant. Freshly cooked food and good selection of beers, ales and wines. Available also for private & corporate lunches & dinners. Open every day Mon-Thu 12.00pm till 23.00pm Fri-Sat 12.00pm till midnight, Sunday 12.00pm till 23.00pm.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m so impressed with how many Vegan/Dairy free options there are!! Being Lactose Intolerant I’m always restricted when I go out, but there was a full menu here and alternatives for pretty much all of the main menu. The food was such good quality and so good. The garden was beautiful and it was so nice to sit outside in the sun. We were all really impressed & will be returning.

1  Thank tegan1998

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We had booked into this place as a birthday treat for 4 adults, one of whom wanted vegan food. The Chester Arms had a full menu for vegans/vegetarians , gluten free and meat lovers as well as a traditional Sunday roast.
A steady stream of Sunday diners had booked in and there appeared to be little alcoves of additional tables to seat the masses. If you order the spare ribs, make sure you're hungry... The portion is humungous (the diners' description, not mine). Food portions are generous and well presented, the vegan choice varied enough to not be 'run of the mill'. Being vegan adventurous on the day, I chose a vegan desert of banana and cinnamon bread with custard... A little dry for my liking but not inedible.
Staff were attentive, without bring pushy and I'd certainly eat there again.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I have visited 3 times in the last year. Always superb, homemade, tasty hot food (still amazed when you go to pretentious establishments and they can’t managed hot food). Although not on their menu at the moment- Setain pie and the stew still cause me to salivate when I think of them (fingers and toes crossed they appear back on the winter menu). The only thing we have never had is the vegan wine, but must give it a go. Always treated well, we usually book for a weekend. We even take the carnivore family members and they love the steak and fish dishes. Very reasonably priced and worth every penny.

1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Went for an afternoon drink whilst staying at the nearby Chicheley Hall. (Five minutes away).Friendly welcome. The food menu looked good and reasonably priced. Cannot comment on the food itself as we were dining at the Hall.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Delicious food, great service. Second time we are eating here and was just as good last time. We will be back!