“Try it- make your own judgement!”

Camber Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

Some of the comments that I have read recently are really subjective and quite frankly unfair.
I bought my caravan earlier this year and camber is a completely new area and concept for me. I love my caravan and I am going to list what I believe is great about the park:
Very good security- and they are happy too!
The beach- is truly stunning big enough for thousands- brilliant sunsets- fantastic walks!
The entertainment centre- the bingo is great and so Is the atmosphere - they are trying hard to entertain you!

It's 90inutes away from London , close to rye and Hastings with lots of other areas to explore!
Believe me it is not as bad tbh nowhere
near what I have read- in fact I simply can't get enough of beautiful camber sands!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Irena48
Write a ReviewReviews (1,933)

Reviewed 12 September 2012

From the start of trying to find the check in, the administration was a disaster. Then trying to find our unit and park 300 yards away. I broke all the rules and drove over the grass so that we could unload four adults stuff and a baby. All in all it seems to be a money making machine. With no effort to help customers in any way. Wi fi is useless even though you pay £7 per day but the area where wi fi works is only open from 9 am to about 11.30 pm. We booked and paid in advance for a travel cot. On arrival no cot. Tried phoning reception. No response. Walked 400 yards to be told that I needed to deposit £20 cash extra to paying for the cot. No mention of this when we booked the cot. Not having £20 cash on me, I had to walk back to our unit and then back again to the reception. Reception is only open from 9.00 am until at latest 6.00 pm. After that tough. Web site says they have four heated swimming pools. What they have is one pool complex with a total of four pools. One adult pool and three kiddie pools. I could go on and on. Avoid this place. Its a disaster.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank kingtutwatford
Reviewed 11 September 2012

just back from camber sands. we had a good time, but the park could be so much better.
the entertainment centre is set up so that you have to go through the arcade to get anywhere, including to check in, which meant I had to drag my kids off the cars/bikes/guns each time we went to the pool or play area. a really stupid set up. the whole place has a tatty feel. we upgraded from bronze caravan and as nothing else was available were put in a bungalow. it was decorated like the kind of flat the council gives to benefit cheats, ok for what we paid but i would have been steaming if i'd paid top whack for it. we weren't told how to get our car to the bungalow as it was nowhere near a road, so i lugged a whole family's gear from the parking area. on the way home i drove miles round on the grass through the chalets - many of them were wrecks and it felt like New Orleans after Katrina. such a waste of a lovely location.
there seemed to be a lot of booze around for a family park. you can get a coffee but the breakfast brew of choice is Stella. people wander round with cans of cider or stella all day long, then at night funnily enough (unless you're trying to sleep) they're drunk as newts and singing their heads off.
Park says it has 4 pools - actually it has one pool complex, with a kids pool, baby pool and jacuzzi which does make 4 but is a bit of a con, especially as it closed at 4.30 on the day we arrived
what is frustrating is that with a bit of effort and thought this place could be really nice. but it ain't

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 185wkb
Park R, General Manager at Camber Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you had a good holiday however I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the park. We hold our check in days in the entertainment venue as this provides our guests with an opportunity to view all the facilities available at the earliest convenience. Camber is situated on a large site with our bungalows built to an excellent standard. I believe you may have driven the wrong way and come across our chalet development which is currently in the middle of a major refurbishment programme, ready for 2013, which we are very excited about. Stella is not available to purchase on park and I can assure you that we pride ourselves on being a family holiday park and do not encourage drinking around the park. I must apologise for your experience on this occasion.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

After reading all the reviews of this caravan park before we went we were dreading it. We only had a bronze level caravan and couldn't update as they were full the weekend we were going. Yes, there were small marks on the carpet and a largish stain on the upholstery. Yes, the upholstery was torn at the back of the settee where the sun was on it all day but the main thing was that is was clean and tidy. Because of other reviews we took some blankets to cover the seats with and our own sleeping bags in case of dirty linen. As it happened we had glorious weather so we didn't need to spend much time inside. We didn't try the club or shops but instead ate out each night of our 3 night stay, at restaurants recommended by TA! The three night break cost us £62.50 through collecting tokens in the Daily Mail so it was great value for money. Again, if I had been paying more then I might have been more critical of the accommodation. As it was it was fine.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012

When deciding whether to holiday here I was rather concerned at the negative reviews on the internet so I contacted the Park and they asked me if I would like to come down and have a look. I accepted their invitation and decided to book. Although some of the chalets and bungalows could do with a bit of TLC - a coat of paint and repair some of the windows, inside the accomodation was absolutely fine. It was clean and the beds were the most comfortable that we have ever slept in on holiday. The adult evening entertainment was very good - we didn't have any kids with us. The on-site restaurant was adequate, if a bit slow on service. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, had no real complaints, and that is unusual for us and might consider going there again, we normally go somewhere different every year unless the park is exceptional, which we felt that this one was. Park Resorts have had some problems but I was informed that all of the old management had been sacked and new management had been recruited and that they were doing all they could to bring the park up to scratch. I visited in March and we holidayed in August and I could see that during this time, big improvements had been made. My advice if you are in any doubt - go down and have a look and see for yourself - speak to the staff and they will tell you, if anything is wrong, they'll make sure they put it right. They certainly kept their word with us. The beach is right opposite the park. It is shingle there, but that is fine if you want some quiet time on the beach. Walk along the beach for about 5 minutes and it's pure white sand!!! Go to this park - you'll
enjoy it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bubbalah01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camber
5.6 km away
5.6 km away
The Regent Motel & Bar
21.4 km away
Combe Haven Holiday Park - Haven

Been to Camber Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!