US$90
US$215
  • Breakfast included
US$120
2,058 results
All reviewsgold caravancamber sands holiday parkstatic caravanentertainment teamlife guardsgreat holidaylovely caravanlittle boygo kartscentral heatinglong weekendfamily holidaysandy beachcrazy golfbad reviewsweekend breaksparky
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Our caravan was very dirty when we arrived - the floors had obviously not been cleaned for a while as there was grime accumulated in the corners and food splattered on the floor and side of the kitchen unit. There were toast crumbs on the kitchen worktops and the contents of the previous occupant's hairbrush in a pile on the TV unit. The carpets obviously hadn't seen a hoover in some time. After phoning the number given for the cleaning staff, we waited for 3 hours for someone to come and clean up until we gave up and I bought some rubber gloves and cleaned the whole caravan myself. When we rang them back to tell them not to bother, they weren't overly apologetic. We had upgraded to a silver plus caravan, so I was glad we weren't staying in a bronze one!

The site itself is ok, but is starting to look a bit tired and in need of some investment. Some of the chalets in particular are very tatty looking and bring down the look of the park somewhat.

The pool is definitely a lot smaller than it looks in the photo and it pays to get there when it opens as it gets full very quickly and there is then a long waiting list and a stampede for changing cubicles.

The bar and restaurant is woefully understaffed and long delays are frequently experienced, even when the place isn't very busy. None of the 4 slushie machines ever worked properly, much to the disappointment of my daughter.

There needs to be a better Sparky's World shop for the kids. This one looks very temporary and is full of "pound shop" toys at ridiculous prices. The whole place looks a bit shabby and unexciting.

The design of the showbar area means that the door to the Fish and Chip shop opens directly into the bar and so the whole place reeks of fish every evening. Not very appealing!

Overall, I didn't expect 5* service on a Sun holiday, but I wouldn't book this resort at the regular price as I don't believe that it would be value for money. If the caravan had just been clean when we arrived, I would have been satisfied, but the fact that it was very dirty, along with the other comments I have made, shows that some investment in all areas is needed in this Park to encourage a return visit.

Room Tip: Always upgrade from a Bronze caravan. I understand that they allow dogs in the Bronze caravans - not good for allergy sufferers!
1  Thank Kerry M
CustomerServicePR, Manager at Parkdean Resorts - Camber Sands Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Hi Kerry,

We are sincerely sorry to hear that your caravan had clearly not been cleaned properly. We have been having staff problems in this area and there is no excuse for this. The accommodation team responsible have been addressed. Park Resorts takes feedback like this very seriously and we do apologise that we did not provide you with the holiday experience we usually strive to provide.

We do hope you will give us a 2nd chance and will try another Park Resorts Park in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed at Camber Sands Holiday Park as a last minute booking, and as such we got one of the Platinum Caravans. I was really impressed with the caravan. 2 Bedrooms, 2 toilets, fantastic shower, good size double bed, dishwasher, 5 ring hob, flat screen tv, central heating and fire (both of which were needed).
The park however left a little to be desired. The Swimming pool was good, with a choice of 3 pools and a flume, however I wasn't impressed with the fact that the lockers retained the £1 deposit, and also that when the pool is busy you have to wait for people to leave before you can be admitted. After finally getting in it wasn't actually that busy. Also my daughter is learning to swim, but she was not allowed to take her rigid float into the pool. I'm not sure what damage a 4 year old supervised girl can do with a float, so surprised she wasn't allowed this. However people were allowed huge beach balls that they were firing all over the pool, surely if you are allowed beach balls you could allow a 4 year old learner swimmer her float?
The amusements are based solely on extracting as much money as possibly from the punters. The hall is rammed full of fruit machine, cash drop machines and unwinnable toy grab machines.
Went into the main showbar for the childrens show and although my daughter enjoyed the show, the volume was so high my wife had to leave and as soon as the show was over I took my daughter out.
The restaurant/bar was overpriced, a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale for £4.40 is shocking and the food was awful. Service was not great either, after having our food served up (straight from the microwave I presume) we had to wait for 10 minutes while some cutlery was found for us to eat it with.
Location wise it's not too bad. Only took us an hour and a half from London, and close enough to Rye, and Hastings to allow for a few days out. I can recommend the RSPB reserve in Dungeness as a good place to take a walk and enjoy a little nature.
In short, great caravan, good location, poor site.

Hi Michael,
Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are pleased you were impressed with the accommodation, which we strive to ensure is comfortable and clean. We are sorry that you were not so pleased with some of the facilities.

We do need to monitor the amount of people using the pool and will sometimes restrict people entering until some leave, this is because we need to ensure there are enough lifeguards to accommodate the amount of people in the pool as saftey is paramount.

We have noted your other comments regarding the volume in the showbar, prices and the food - these matters are being addressed with the relevant staff members.

We do hope you will return again to see our improvements or try another Park Resorts park.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Short break Monday to Friday 13th April with our three Grandchildren. Booked a platinum caravan which we realised was an owner van lovely van, but next to a busy main road. Book in was awful as we arrived late at 3:30 and had to que in the showbar for the 4oclock book in slot, parking anywhere near was impossible, no pavements so had to dodge moving traffic. The caravan had not been hoovered and there was grease on the worktops around the cooker, the owner had left a vacuum under a bed so I did it myself, the smell of dog was awful ( this was supposed to be a pet free van) as my grandson has asthma this was why I paid £327.00 for the holiday. When we turned down the made up bed there was grass inside and the sheets were stained from the grass. We take our grandchildren to a Park Resorts site every year but would not recommend this one. The access to the beach was full of dog dirt. Camber Sands was a dissapointment.

Room Tip: choose another Park-

Hi ash528,

We take your feedback very seriously and are extremly sorry to read that you did not get the holiday experience that we strive to provide. We have been having some issues with our accommodation team regarding cleaning and this is being dealt with. We realise this is no excuse but would like to assure you that this is not our usual standard and improvements have been made.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

an easy to find park with good security but very overpriced once you are on site. clean ammenities. The whole site could do with a good spruce up and disabled parking needs to be better conttolled as spaces were used by non disabled vehicles. Swimming pools described as 4 amazing pools - this they are not! As a base for a holiday it is ok but wouldnt stay there for any longer than a couple of days.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My first impression of the holiday park was very good, we were advised that we could immediately start to use the facilities until we got the key for our caravan which was very good and once we had the key I was pleased to see that our accommodation was just what I had expected; it was clean, modern looking and comfortable.

On the other hand I was disappointed to find that the door to our caravan (caravan S3) led straight on to the main road going through the park. This would not have been a problem however I have a boisterous twenty month old son who does not understand that the road is dangerous. This was also a issue as the steps leading on to the road did not even have a hand rail that he could hold on to when walking down the steps meaning that not only could he go in to the road but he could have also easily fallen down the steps and injured himself. My concern began to grow as my fear of him falling on the steps became reality and resulted in him banging his face and it bruising. After this incident my partner decided to call the reception who's solution was to have a baby safety gate delivered to the caravan and said it would be fitted on to the door although this was not the case. When the gate was delivered the women was very polite however was not told anything about the gate being fitted. Not only this but the gate was also too small for the door way as we had double doors which my partner had earlier explained on the phone.

After this I decided to personally go to the reception where I found them to be unhelpful and not at all empathetic. The women who I spoke to said that we could downgrade from our platinum caravan to a bronze which I obviously did not want to do after her being very blunt about the situation where all she had to say was that it would be our choice and the price difference was not offered. I would not have minded this solution however I felt that the women came across like she was being dismissive.

I personally think it is silly that when booking to stay at the park online as I did, the ages of the children are asked as it is clearly not taken in to consideration.

I also felt that during my stay at the park the male staff at the trampolines and bouncy castle where not very child friendly or approachable. I also became a bit annoyed with the arcades as there was consistently problems with the machines whether it being because the machines were taking the money and not giving any credits or it being that they were becoming jammed or just was not working.

Lastly I got some food from the fish and chip shop on site where the food was vile. I am not the only one who has said this either as I had spoke to another women at the park who said the same thing.

Due to these things I regret to say that I will not be returning to or recommending Camber Sands Park Resorts to anybody.

Room Tip: Definitely get platinum caravan
1  Thank chav22

Hi chav22,

Thank you for your feedback, which we take very seriously and the Accommodation Team responsible have been have been addressed. Customer Service is a top priority for us and we are very disappointed to read that it was not up to standard for you. Rest assured this is not the norm and further training and actions have been taken.