1,455 results
All reviewsdeep endlagoon villaplunge poolour honeymoonflight pathheaven on earthdegrees restaurantrose petalsmale airportwater sportssunset cruisefishclose to the airportchocolate cakeout of this worldindian oceanpersonal butler
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

After a long deployment my husband spoiled me by booking a week at the Taj- it was incredible! Everything is five star about this resort... the food is great, the staff is fantastic, the rooms are lovely and the property is immaculate. Theres miles of beach to enjoy and a bevy of activities in the resort as well. We took a cooking class, spent time on the beach, at the pool, in the spa and salon and just relaxed. I don’t have enough good things to say about this trip. I’m sure we will be back!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Vishal S, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.

We are all looking forward to your next visit to your home in Maldives, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

This is our 3rd trip to the Maldives, so we are always trying to better the one before. I loved the Taj Exotica which boasts the biggest lagoon in the Maldives.... something like swimming in the biggest swimming pool on earth. We had a water villa with pool but from here not a nice swimming area.... you have to head to the beach/pool area to enjoy the best area. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR US AS A FAMILY IS A HOUSE REEF FOR SNORKELING, and i’ll admit that i got this one wrong, verrry wrong. i obviously misread.... eeekkkk.... so, we had to basically remortgage our house (lol) to pay for snorkelling boat trips (that we detest doing!!!! ) There is the local coral garden (20$ per person) which is literally a minute boat trip (lasts 45min) but not an exciting snorkelling experience. Then for 70$ per person another trip 5mins away to the nearby island for a slightly better reef. For 45 mins our family 3 came to $300.... So we then opted for our 3rd trip Shark Snorkelling to Bandos Island.... this is a 2hr round trip and stopping at 2 places. By far the best snorkeling. A nice enough reef, a few sharks and rays. The best experience was the 2nd stop near the FullMoon resort alongside a fish factory where we saw the MOST AMOUNT OF STINGRAYS WE’ll ever see in a lifetime!!! It was likrbeing thrown into a feeding frenzy. Thousands of fish, 50or more rays and 15 moray eels just going bananas. I LOVED THIS. I didn’t know where to look! I was lost for words! Sooo thrilling! That was a once in a lifetime experience. It cost a whopping 500$ though for us 3. As for the breakfasts: amazing! And such sweet and obliging staff ❤️. There are 2 restaurants where we ate very well. Excellent asian dishes and superb curry from around the world. The pool is gorgeous and ALL THE STAFF OF THIS RESORT ARE JUST AMAZING PEOPLE. Shamiz our butler was a wonderful man. Overwater villas with pool are stunning and tastefully decorated, a bathtub also with uninterrupted views ....We did think about upgrading to a beach villa because they are on the best side of the island, on a white beach, sunset side, also nearer to reception and pool, but later decided to stau put on the overwater villa. I do think they need to provide bicycles though, because the island is big. The only other negative was paying 50$ delivery cost of breakfast in the villa.... that’s just hectic! The place is costly, we never spent less than 300$ at a meal sitting, without alcohol.... so that adds up! TAKE THE HALFBOARD IF YOU CAN! Otherwise you’ll have to win the lottery to pay back the holiday. Bear in mind its 15 mins from the airport and you have planes flying directly overhead. I didn’t mind this. Also you have the view of Male in the distance. And if you want house reef for snorkeling then this is not the resort for you. On the whole we loved the professionalism and friendliness of this resort. TAJ, YOU ROCK!!!!! Top top top resort.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank coconutugly
Vishal S, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Where do I begin! We flew in from US to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary at this beautiful and gorgeous Taj property. Having lived in India we were well aware of the Taj hospitality therefore we chose this property.
Right from our check in everything was flawless and everyone was helpful and kind.
Our check in was a smooth process all thanks to the duty manager Jinan and our butler Dilip Jha were simply outstanding. We were escorted to our villa by Dilip who ensured that our few days in Maldives would be memorable. He arranged our photo shoot, snorkeling lessons and pretty much took care of everything and anything we asked for. Dilip and the housekeeping crew decorated our villa with flowers and champagne for our anniversary.

A big shoutout to our snorkeling instructor Naveen Manker who was so patient with us especially my husband who doesn’t know how to swim. He was with him throughout our snorkeling time in the ocean which is a must do for anyone who wants to experience the coral reefs and beautiful marine life.
The equator Bar has such a great vibe to it with live music and DJ in the evenings , the cocktails are WOW, our bartender Pathum and Vinod were amazing and recommended all the right drinks to us which were all out of this world.
The food at the 24 degrees restaurant is delicious and has a huge variety
But NOTHING can beat the food at the Deep End restaurant which was an experience by itself. Once again the chefs and the wait staff at both the restaurants are so nice welcoming and courteous.

All in all we had a truly memorable and wonderful time at Taj Exotica. A must visit for everyone .
We are leaving with fond memories and hope to return soon with our family.
Navendu Vyas

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and me had our delayed honeymoon at this resort. Both of us have undoubtedly had this as our best holiday till date and for all holidays to come. The resort is so beautiful and mesmerising. They have pampered and spoilt us to the maximum extent possible. We used to find a surprise in our room every day. The spa was amazing. The chef would customize the food as per our requirements, special table arrangements and lots more. The food was brilliant and the service extraordinary. Just didn't want to leave that place. Iv heard lot of experiences from people regarding their respective resorts...but I can say that Taj has been the best hands down. If you are planning Maldives this resort is the best place to go!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Vishal S, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear Ms. Bhandari,

Reviewed 30 October 2017

There are few resorts and holidays that form such an amazing impression, as did Taj Exotica Maldives for us.

We stayed at the 2 bedroom beach villa (which was a great decision). It has the best of everything - being on the beach, the pool in our villa, and postcard perfect views from just about anywhere. The rooms were spacious, perfect for a family, bathrooms were great, outdoor showers & bathtubs, small deck outside for meals and general lazing around, another set of deck chairs for us on the beach etc etc

Travelling with a young child (3 and a half years old) can be tough, but the staff were super. There was a mini life jacket, turtle shaped towels, flexibility on meals, and also enough entertainment for her including the fish feeding, crab racing, stingray feeding and other daily kids activities.

Attention to detail was super. I remember that I had removed a bath mat from the sink and placed it near the toilet once, and from the next day onwards, an extra one was always provided. We had a designated butler, Nadeem, was was able to guide us well. Joshna, our villa dining executive, was great with remembering what we liked and always had good suggestions. Chef Abhishek & Pankaj prepared a stunning tasting menu for us. Dhombe served us at the pool & the Deep End restaurant, and was very attentive & efficient. Sushant & Tom from the dive centre had super knowledge, and we did multiple snorkelling trips with them, seeing sharks, stingrays, eels, and much much more! Shubunde from housekeeping even got my daughter a small turtle toy on our last day.

The resort itself is wonderful, kept spotless at all times.

We had an incredible trip, and will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Beach Villa's are great for families, and the feeling of walking out of your bedroom onto the wonderful beach is priceless.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family