“Dinner visit.”

La Popote
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Marton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Intimate small french restaurant owner run with excellent cuisine and very personalised service. Cooking at the table a speciality. perfect venue for small weddings and private parties. Very pretty garden with outside eating area, overlooking oldest wooden timbered church in Europe from 13th Century.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great food, in lovely setting.
Staff very knowledgeable about the menu, the specials of the day sounded like a menu in itself.
Would definitely recommend the restaurant to friends and return myself.
The only slight gripe was that it can get a bit noisy at times.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has been on my wish list for while now and the worry was that it couldn’t live up to my expectations. I needn’t have worried. It far exceeded them. Every dish of every course was perfect. My rack of lamb was a perfect pink and melt in the mouth tender. My wife’s venison was so good I was only given a sliver to taste. The staff were friendly and helpful
I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We celebrated my sister and husbands 50th wedding anniversary with a lunch here.
What a lovely place with a warm welcome.
On a perfect late summer afternoon we had relaxed pre lunch drinks in the beautiful garden. The service is excellent friendly and efficient. The owners really care about the wonderful dishes they offer. French themed but with some wonderful seasonal Scottish produce.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

At last, a wonderful place to eat in Cheshire

What a find! It's just like being transported back to luxury hotel dining in French Chateaux!
Everything from the welcome, to the goodnight, & everything in between was simply wonderful.
Great menu of typical French cuisine brilliantly prepared & presented, to deliver an eating experience to remember. Some dishes were marginally altered, probably to suit an English appetite (Prawns A L’Escargot), which is a great idea to encourage a more adventurous event.
The well populated garden was a delight to sit with a pre-dinner wine & appreciate the energy & passion that has crafted this gently lit space.
If you like fine dining, then this is the place to go!
The wine menu is diverse & stimulating, with a “forward” that is really worth reading.

1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 9 September 2018

It was my mother in laws birthday she and my father in law had traveled over from Leeds to stay a few days so we were thinking where can we could go for a quality early evening meal , we had lunch here a while ago and really enjoyed it so my wife called an asked if they had a table for 4 available, at first they said they were fully booked but when my wife said we could be there for half past 5 they said as long as they could have the table back for 8-15 they could squeeze us in .
Thank goodness they did we had fantastic service, a mix of friendly and professional ,the food was just amazing with the chef adding a great personal touch by popping out and asking if everything was ok .
All the food was absolutely delicious I had the lamb , father in law had steak and the lady's had fish all cooked and presented beautifully.
The in laws are still raving about it saying they would gladly travel from Leeds to dine here again .
Thank you so much for for fitting us in .
We will be back very soon