All reviews trent bridge gym and swimming pool city centre bus stop rabbit warren spa facilities small window free car park last minute booking friendly hotel steam room lick of paint good size single room hash browns comfortable room buffet breakfast
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Modern hotel in quiet location about ten minutes walk from Trent Bridge Cricket grounds and Nottingham Forest FC.
Unobtrusive staff provide great service. Room used compact but perfect for restful sleep after long day.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank goldingrs60
Martin L, General Manager at Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you recent review.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at The Beeches and found service from the staff great. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights with 7 and 3 yr old and hubby. Staff were polite and helpful. But room was okay, no.23 clean tidy spacious, but hot and double bed on only one side was hard and my back was painful by morning. The walls are thin between rooms as I heard next door being sick, having shower,talking (just mumbles) and coughing. Dread to think how noisy my kids were to neighbours at 6/7am.

Pool was good, bit chilly and loud with kids, as nowhere for noise to go. But sauna and steam room did the job. Breakfast was good but missing hash browns/fried bread and basic water jugs, had to ask bar for some water. Didn't use other facilities.

Overall enjoyed stay, though would of liked it better without the kids being annoying

If with kids - there is a huge park with a huge paddling pool opens at 11 across the bridge on the river can spend a good hour or 2 in the sunshine. Ask reception or a local.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Felt compelled to review the Beeches - we had nothing but exceptional service from the very caring and helpful staff. We were just amazed at the level and helpfulness that they would go to and would definitely recommend this hotel if you have an event. Everything was spot on and more and we were all extremely impressed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Erica W
Martin L, Manager at Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Erica W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review of The Beeches.

Our staff work hard to ensure they give the highest level of service to all guests and customers so I am delighted to hear that you found the staff exceptional. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the team.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

We stayed on Fri 7th July. Receptionists lovely and happily ordered a taxi for us. We were given Room 38, which is the furthest from Reception, overlooking the car park, and up and down stairs like a rabbit warren! This would have been fine (it's pic 3 on the website. Perfectly nice) if it wasn't South or West facing, so it got the sun all day and was ROASTING at 7pm, when I had precisely 20 minutes to get ready for a Wedding Anniversary meal locally. I was dripping when I left!

There is one top window that was opened but there was no through draught, so it was useless, but there was a tower fan provided, which we utilised. There are no plugs by the headboard, however, so you had no benefit of it, unless you sat on the end of the bed.

We got back after a fabulous meal, having left the bathroom fan on in the hope that it may extract something, but it didn't. We joked with the taxi driver, so knew it was 23 degrees outside at midnight. it was easily 30+ degrees when we got in the room.

To sleep, I had to wet a towel and drape it over me. We didn't get in bed, lying on top, and ended up with our heads at the foot of the bed, so the fan could waft anything near us. I did drop off, though we considered driving home at 1am; except we were probably over the limit, it was that bad, but I woke at 4am to find my husband lying on the floor, as he said it was cooler there!

A cold shower, out of necessity, and down to breakfast at 8am, so we could get out.

I did tell the receptionist on leaving and she was very gracious. My only advice would have been that, judging by how full the restaurant was at breakfast (which was lovely meaty, perfectly cooked bacon, real grilled toms and properly cooked mushrooms that still had texture and weren't watery or slimy, plus refillable tea and coffee) that they would have known that room was unbearable in this unusual heat, before we checked in, and could probably have moved us instead of leaving the onus on us to complain, which we had no time to do prior to our restaurant reservation and don't tend to do anyway.
It's a perfectly decent hotel with lovely staff and we would go back...just not to Room 38, unless it was Baltic outside!

Room Tip: Unless it's freezing out, do not pick Room 38.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Might be writing this review a little prematurely as our trip is not over until tomorrow but would like to say that so far we are all thoroughly writing our stay.

The restaurant food was lovely, absolutely love our rooms as they're great value for money and the location is good. Lovely hotel.

Might try their pool and steam room later as well :-)

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank miracle1Bucks

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving such a great review.

I am delighted that you found found the hotel lovely and enjoyed our food. I hope you also got the opportunity to use our leisure facilities before you left.

I will ensure to pass on your comments on to the team as they will be delighted you enjoyed your stay.