“Specialized and personalized service”
Review of TPV Costa Rica

TPV Costa Rica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer Private All-Inclusive Vacations, Tours, Lessons, or excursions such as: Zip-lining Rappelling Mountain Biking Horseback riding River rafting Surfing Kayaking Sailboat/Catamaran Sunset Cruise Inshore and deep sea fishing Full and half day Beach hopping Stand up Paddle Boarding SUP Riverboat Animal tour Monkey Refuge Tour Scuba Diving Snorkeling Dinner cruise History tour Coffee tour and More!! Vacation planning, lodging options, tours and taxi service. We do airport pick-up's and drop off's and are very reliable.
Reviewed 26 August 2017

A group of us, eight people from age 8 to over 50, took an all-day tour with Douglas, owner of TPV tours, and had the best time. We went on the zip-line, horseback riding, white water tubing and thermal springs excursion at Rincon de La Vieja and loved every minute. Douglas arrived at 6am and dropped us off at 8pm so it was a long day. Douglas was very patient with our crew. A nice lunch was included.

Heading out to the mountain, Douglas stopped at a breakfast spot about halfway so that we wouldn't be famished. We paid for breakfast. Then once we got to the mountain, the first activity was tubing on a fast flowing river. It was great fun, although a little crowded and at times seemed to be more like bumper boats. The swift flow of the river, however, made all that tube traffic slow us down, so it wasn't too scary and we didn't lose a single person! Plus the staff from the group that runs the tubing, was flowing down with us to make sure no one got hurt. Plus, Douglas comes down the river too. I don't have any photos of this because I was afraid I'd lose my phone/camera. And I was too cheap to pay for photos from the group running the tubes.

I think we had lunch after the tubing. Lunch was delicious and plentiful, with several meat options and some starchs. There was dessert and many different non-alcoholic things to drink. We were all very full. Lunch was included in the cost.

The next thing was ziplining. This was outrageously fantastic and just went on and on. I will admit, I've never ziplined before, but this one seemed amazing. There had to be about nine different lines, many of which went through gorges with flowing water below. One part of the zipline experience was a dead drop to a platform right above the river, where we then had to rock climb the length that we were just dropped. Yes, there was a belay up top, but it was pretty challenging. By the way, the zipline portion never seemed over-crowded like the tubing was. And there were guys there all along the way, saving our lives at any second. Ha ha!

We had a horseback riding experience that was a lot of fun. The horses were mellow and there was a guy who went along to make sure we took the right path. My daughter, an experienced rider, went out in front and got her horse to run. She impressed our little crowd with that. Our group of eight got to go just us, so that was nice.

And finally, we had a thermal spring experience. Since we were at a volcanic mountain, of course, there were hot springs! There were built pools (not tacky) of hot water right along a river (same one we tubed on? I don't know.). Before we got into the pools, we were advised by Douglas to slather ourselves with mud, so we did. Then we showered off and got into one of the pools. There were several pools, all marked with the temperature and they went from hot to scorching, so be careful! But this was a beautiful spot and a great place to end the day. I got a beer at the kiosk at the beginning of the thermal springs and enjoyed sipping a cool drink in the hot water.

At the end of our excursion, for dinner Douglas drove us to a place we asked for and even stopped at a shopping place. Dinner was at our expense. He was very accommodating throughout the whole day.

A week later, we asked TVP for a ride to the bus stop, with that same group of eight people. If I ever get back to Costa Rica, I will call TPV again. They really know what they're doing and know the best places to take people. Thank you, TPV!

1  Thank Meg S
Douglas M, Owner at TPV Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us such a great and thorough review. I hope it will help future customers make a better decision about possible trips/excursions with us. I was great working with your group and you were all very enthusiastic about al the scary activities !! Please let us know how we can help with any future trips to Costa Rica !! Maybe an all inclusive vacation option! Thank you again for the review.

All reviews
"white water tubing"
"coffee tour"
"great suggestions"

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Went on a tour of Palo Verde Estuary with Fernando and he was such a joy! So knowledgeable, great eyes to find the animals, and such an enjoyable person! We saw Capuchin monkeys, howler, crocs, iguanas, long nosed bats, egrets, herons, what a great day of learning about the animals, estuary, and culture!

Douglas M, Owner at TPV Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Larry,

We agree with you a 100% !! We have been blessed from the time that we hired him 4 years ago. We look forward to continuing the level of service that you received to all future customers. I would like to thank you for the great review and please let us know if we can help you in the future, maybe next time an all-inclusive option !! Thanks again !!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My family originally only booked TPV for our ride from the airport to our house in Playa Negra, but after meeting Doug and Fernando we quickly canceled our car rentals and used their service for our entire trip. They made our trip absolutely perfect- from the best recommendations, to helping us plan, to being our daily translators, and just having an incredible knowledge of Costa Rica and teaching us so much along the way. Doug and Sherri were very accommodating of our large family and last minute booking, and were such kind and genuine people. We had such an amazing time with zip lining, sailboats, and beach days all thanks to TPV!

Beth,

Thank you for the great review. I appreciate the effort that your group made on the all-day tour. I hope the nerves are settled buy now, hahahaha. Please let us know if we can help you with any future trips to Costa Rica, maybe next time an all inclusive option . THANKS !!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

First and foremost I'd like to Thank Doug, Sherri and Fernando for their amazing service while we were in Costa Rica! Luckily for us my travel agency in NJ ( Mancino Travel Agency) hooked us up with TPV to pick us up at the airport and transport us to our Villa in Playa Negra! We had planned on renting 2 cars, as there was 11 of us, on Monday. On witnessing the dirt roads to get to our Villa we quickly realized that would not be a GOOD idea! We than contacted Doug and Sherri and asked if they were available for the week! Thankfully they were and we proceeded to book The Day of Adventure and The Sunset Cruise through them! Both were highlights of the trip and Doug talked me through the Zipling and I'm proud to say I made it and it will be a memory I will never forget!
The service was exceptional, always on time, heads up on where to sit on the sailboat (under the canopy as it gets so hot on the water) where to eat, his knowledge on the culture and people was amazing!! My nieces and nephews truly loved every minute of it and feel in love with Doug as a person as we adults did too! And his kindness to my niece Ella "his copilot" was beyond genuine!
Our trip would not have been a perfect 10 had it not been for Doug and TPV and last but not least "Dona Betty"!!! We're all still dreaming about that breakfast!! Till next time Doug.... Pura Vida!!! Nancy, Pete, Bill, Joann, Beth, Kara, Denise, Betsey, Aidan, Maggie and Ella

1  Thank nnaha1234
Douglas M, Owner at TPV Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Nancy,

It was our pleasure to take care of your group. You guys were great and very adventurous. I have been lost several times with out my trusty co-pilot, hehehe. I look forward to the next time we can share some great conversation over another Dona Betty. Please let us know if we can help you with any future vacations and thank you very much for the great review. Don't forget that we offer an all inclusive option.