Review Highlights
Super reliable and professional

I can across this outfit a number of years ago and have been using and referring them ever since... read more

Reviewed today
NYRoadtripper
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
via mobile
Best Trip Ever

The tours recommended were all amazing! We did the Volcano #1 tour, Eco Tour and the River Boat... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 1 week ago
Explore09385459604
Irvine, California

All reviews horseback riding zip lining hot springs costa rica tour guide river cruise always on time mountain tour wealth of information liberia airport coffee plantation tour his wife excellent service family vacation local pottery all inclusive vacation rincon de la vieja
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Went on a tour of Palo Verde Estuary with Fernando and he was such a joy! So knowledgeable, great eyes to find the animals, and such an enjoyable person! We saw Capuchin monkeys, howler, crocs, iguanas, long nosed bats, egrets, herons, what a great day of learning about the animals, estuary, and culture!

Date of experience: August 2017
Douglas M, Owner at TPV Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Larry,

We agree with you a 100% !! We have been blessed from the time that we hired him 4 years ago. We look forward to continuing the level of service that you received to all future customers. I would like to thank you for the great review and please let us know if we can help you in the future, maybe next time an all-inclusive option !! Thanks again !!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My family originally only booked TPV for our ride from the airport to our house in Playa Negra, but after meeting Doug and Fernando we quickly canceled our car rentals and used their service for our entire trip. They made our trip absolutely perfect- from the best recommendations, to helping us plan, to being our daily translators, and just having an incredible knowledge of Costa Rica and teaching us so much along the way. Doug and Sherri were very accommodating of our large family and last minute booking, and were such kind and genuine people. We had such an amazing time with zip lining, sailboats, and beach days all thanks to TPV!

Date of experience: July 2017

Beth,

Thank you for the great review. I appreciate the effort that your group made on the all-day tour. I hope the nerves are settled buy now, hahahaha. Please let us know if we can help you with any future trips to Costa Rica, maybe next time an all inclusive option . THANKS !!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

First and foremost I'd like to Thank Doug, Sherri and Fernando for their amazing service while we were in Costa Rica! Luckily for us my travel agency in NJ ( Mancino Travel Agency) hooked us up with TPV to pick us up at the airport and transport us to our Villa in Playa Negra! We had planned on renting 2 cars, as there was 11 of us, on Monday. On witnessing the dirt roads to get to our Villa we quickly realized that would not be a GOOD idea! We than contacted Doug and Sherri and asked if they were available for the week! Thankfully they were and we proceeded to book The Day of Adventure and The Sunset Cruise through them! Both were highlights of the trip and Doug talked me through the Zipling and I'm proud to say I made it and it will be a memory I will never forget!
The service was exceptional, always on time, heads up on where to sit on the sailboat (under the canopy as it gets so hot on the water) where to eat, his knowledge on the culture and people was amazing!! My nieces and nephews truly loved every minute of it and feel in love with Doug as a person as we adults did too! And his kindness to my niece Ella "his copilot" was beyond genuine!
Our trip would not have been a perfect 10 had it not been for Doug and TPV and last but not least "Dona Betty"!!! We're all still dreaming about that breakfast!! Till next time Doug.... Pura Vida!!! Nancy, Pete, Bill, Joann, Beth, Kara, Denise, Betsey, Aidan, Maggie and Ella

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank nnaha1234
Douglas M, Owner at TPV Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Nancy,

It was our pleasure to take care of your group. You guys were great and very adventurous. I have been lost several times with out my trusty co-pilot, hehehe. I look forward to the next time we can share some great conversation over another Dona Betty. Please let us know if we can help you with any future vacations and thank you very much for the great review. Don't forget that we offer an all inclusive option.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

TPV (Doug and Sheri) have been a big part of helping our business by offering Airport pickups and dropoffs, transportation to area activities (ziplining, river excursions, golf and tourist destinations) for our guests. We can only say one thing, they are on time and get you where you need to be, when you need to be there. In this country where guests are cramming as much into their vacation time as possible, this makes things worry free. I highly recommend them!!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Casa K
Douglas M, Owner at TPV Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a great review. We look forward to another great season next year !! Thanks for all the support and please let us know how we can help.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

If you are looking for an excursion or transportation company, look no further. If I could give them six stars I would, they deserve it. Fernando picked us up at the airport. What a delight he is telling us stories of his country. We laughed the entire ride we didn't even notice how long we were in the van. We had to make a stop at the grocery store to get our weekly supplies. He was kind enough to come into the store to help us navigate through some of our selections.

We booked a day adventure of zip lining, horseback riding, tubing and hot springs. It will be a day our family will remember forever. Three of us in the group were frightened of the zip lining and had talked about skipping that portion of the excursion. But Doug came with us, which put all our fears to rest. He would explain things to us as we went which put all our fears away. The day we were there Doug was the only tour guide zip lining or tubing. He goes above and beyond to make sure his guests are having a good time.

Making TPV part of our vacation meant that we did not have to worry about logistics, all we had to do was enjoy Costa Rica. We highly recommend Sheri, Doug, and Fernando. And we look forward to our next trip with them.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank AnitaD513263
Douglas M, Owner at TPV Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Anita,

Thank you very much for the great review !!! Anita, I would have never guessed that 3 of you were scared, you looked very confident to me. hehehehe I will pass on the review to Fernando and let him know you enjoyed the time with him. I also hope that we can add new experiences to your Costa Rica library in the future !! Please let us know how we can help. Maybe an all-inclusive option?

Thanks again,