Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Priceline
US$80
View deal
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 January 2021 via mobile

We came and stayed in this place without knowing what to expect and we have been blessed by this cute and super clean hostal walking distance to the best beach around and hosted by Keylin and her beautiful family. Wether you want to come alone with childs or for a romantic getaway this is the place to be in Playa Negra. The garden is so cute and well maintained there is an outdoor kitchen for guests to use and cook a nice little swimming pool for kids to enjoy. My daughter had a blast here and was free to run around. The place is safe and secured and the owners opened a super good coffee/breakfast/lunch place right here which is very practical ... We will definetively come back here as we had a lovely peaceful stay .. THANKS KEYLIN & FAM

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 11 January 2020

In every aspect of their business and personal life they are professionals. Wonderful business people, fantastic chefs, and above all excellent parents. You will feel at home immediately and not want to leave. If you want to truly feel relaxed and away, but at home, just book it now. I work with people for a living, and within 3 minutes I knew that the owners and their children were some of my favorites.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 10 December 2019

I really loved the place, the room is really nice with plenty of space, a kitchen with everything you need to prepare a good meal. Bathroom is pretty nice and big enough.
The lodge is really close to one of Costa Rica´s most beautiful beaches and the owners were really cool to check me in late in the afternoon since I missed a reservation previously placed on a different lodge.
Myke the owner even advised me on the surf conditions,
If you want to have a lovely stay at a cool place let me recommend you the surf lodge for sure!

Room tip: A/C - Flat Screen - Coffee Maker - Close to the beach - Kitchen included
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 27 October 2019

This was our first trip to Costa Rica. Playa Negra surf lodge was such a cute and quaint place to stay. We were minutes to the beautiful beach. The tropical scenery was so peaceful. The locals were friendly and hospitable. This property provided the perfect, simple escape that we needed. Thank you so much Mike and Keilyn for sharing your little piece of heaven with us. Would love to come back again for another visit :)

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 25 March 2019 via mobile

Everything about this place is what going to Costa Rica should be about! My wife and I have been visiting this area for 18+ years, and we recently took our 5 & 7 yr old kids. Not sure what to expect having them along we were delighted we made the decision to stay at this location. Besides the property being super kid friendly, it is very well kept, the rooms are super clean, the owners are friendly and knowledgeable about the area and willing to share their local knowledge. The property is a short walk from the beach where the waves and sunsets are some of the best in the country. The restaurant on site “Jalapeños” serves up amazing breakfasts and lunches, all sourced from local and organic sources. (They even have their own chicken coop for fresh eggs! Which my kids loved helping feed and gather up eggs each morning) I’d highly recommend staying here and will definitely be going back!

Date of stay: March 2019