“Incredible local tour/perspective of los cargos through the forrest and on the ocean”

Pargos Adventures Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Pargos Adventures is a Surf Shop that provide also activities like Stand up paddle board Tours/ Lessons/Expeditions/ Supyoga Lessons, Surf Lessons, tours, rentals, Mountainbike Tours, hiking to waterfalls, snorkeling and also rent all kind of equipment for you to enjoy Playa Negra, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I was fortunate enough to have adventured on not one, but three of Javier's in-depth tours of the local area, which included an incredible waterfall tour, challenging mountain bike to Tamarindo and an ocean stand up paddle tour that highlighted my trip. Javier was very knowledgable when it came to the local habitat and our safety. I would highly recommend these tours and experiences for those looking to gain a deeper appreciation for Costa Rica wildlife as well as a highly stimulating visual experience. Thank you for such a wonderful time!!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We started our surfing experience by watching the pros and big surf with no intention of ever actually being able to surf... then we met Javier. He told us first timers he would have us up and surfing in 30 minutes and that he would do it safely. Fast forward 30 minutes and we were up and surfing. Excellent instructor, he even swims alongside you and helps you to catch a wave. We asked if he could take some photos for us and he took along his friend Rachelle to do just that. Rachelle was also very friendly. Overall an excellent experience.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I rented a board From Pargos on a recent trip to Playa Negra. Before heading down, I got in touch with Javier about renting a board. Pargos was conveniently located close to Playa Negra, which was really nice and made it easy to get in to grab a board. The thing I liked best about Pargos was the selection. They have a good selection of boards you can check out on their Facebook page before heading down. Many look brand new. I ended up with a 6'0" quad in a fish shape. The guy who rented the board to me was great helping me pick the right board for me. He got the board all set up quickly and got me on my way. I had a lot of fun on the board, and they're great about letting you change boards out if you don't like one or want to try something different. At $15 per day, the rental was affordable.

I'll point out that you can also rent from the Hotel, which I did the first day I was down there. It was cheaper, but the selection was less and the person running the shop wasn't as helpful. Bottom line, if you're going to surf Playa Negra, get a good board from Pargos.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

javier is the best tour guide. knows all the fun things to do and helped us plan a day of fun. even showed us an easy way to release turtles.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I just came back from Costa Rica and did a SUP Eco tour and 2 days of surf lessons with Pargos Adventures. Javier is a wonderful instructor and is one of the best teachers I've had! Highly recommend!!