Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
CheapTicketsUS$95
TravelocityUS$95
Orbitz.comUS$95
TripadvisorUS$95
All reviews costa rica best food in town chef juan carlos pata negra amazing food beach break short walk surfers vibe cutest dish accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

My existence is fabulous after these awesome meals fresh out of the sea made with so much love from the local cook!

Definitely recommend to stop by whenever you are in this little town.

You will thank me later :)

Enjoy ;)

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2020

We stayed next door to this Cafe Playa Negra at the Yoga Retreat in a Casita and were allowed to use all the facilities they offered. We really enjoyed the pool during those 35 degree celcius hot summer days.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 28 August 2019 via mobile

Stay here for the second time while taking yoga teacher training with Hali and Playa Negra Yoga & Barre. It’s lovely and comfortable. Very convenient while taking all day training. A nice walk to the beach and the food was delicious!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank shevonneb2017
Reviewed 29 July 2018

I stayed at Cafe Playa Negra for 2 weeks while doing Yoga Teacher training. Carlos and his staff were AMAZING! Incredible food and location. I can't recommend this place enough. I will definitely stay here again!

Room tip: The rooms directly above the bar area have the best WiFi connection.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Larry W
Reviewed 19 April 2018

My family and I stayed just outside of Playa Negra at the end of March, 2018. We had a fantastic time in the area and stayed in a treehouse about 10 minutes away. We went to Cafe Playa Negra for dinner twice and breakfast. The food was excellent for all. The brown butter fish (mahi mahi) with capers is fantastic! It's "come as you are" and family friendly AND also has more secluded seating. Regarding lodging, my family stayed one night as we had to leave the home we were staying in for one night due to brushfires. Carlos was very helpful in getting my family situated for a night (thank you). He was very responsive via WhatsApp. We look forward to returning to the area, and wouldn't miss Cafe Playa Negra.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank David M
Stefano F, Owner at Cafe Playa Negra, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi David
Glad you had a good time in Playa Negra and at the Café Playa Negra.

Pura Vida