Albergo Paradiso(Monte Compatri)
US$88
US$76
L'Ottava Hotel(Monte Compatri)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$60
Il Casale di Lusi(Monte Compatri)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownercowsplaceweddingagriturismomonicaborghesekitchenentrance
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Totally disappointed!!!
Dirty place ( the room itself ), dust all over, mosquitoes, Etc. NO air conditioning which make it terrible.
The owner argued with me whether it's including breakfast or not even I presented her my order which is written that it's including breakfast.
The bottom line, we ran away before checking in, looking for a room for my family. ....

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
FedericodaPantano, Owner at Tenuta Pantano Borghese, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Dear Guest,
You did not stay in our Agriturismo as You declare: we run away before checking in.
The true problem is that You booked our place without understanding what it is: You were thinking to book an Hotel, but we are an Agriturismo which means a farmhouse who hosts guests.
In all our listings it is very clear that we do not have air conditioning, this is our choice since the buildings are 400 yrs old with very thick stone walls that keep the rooms pretty fresh also in fill summer, and in our place the temperature cools down a lot night so we really not need AC, regular fresh air to us is much more Eco-friendly.
The only point we can accept is about the breakfast and this is due to a misunderstanding of Your booking due to the fact that at Your arrival we were not on place and could not see the documents related to Your booking, I apologize for that.
About the cleaning of the room I cannot accept Your comment since You saw the apartment at night, You could barely see it and you did not check in.
Federico Cavazza
Tenuta Pantano Borghese

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

This place is amazing! I felt so at home. The owners were very helpful and showed us exactly how to get to rome and even drove us to the train stop even though it is so close to the house (1km). To get there take the 50 bus in rome outside the termini station to Lodi station. Then the metrebus (subway) goes all the way to pantano. The pantano stop is visible from the farm but hard to hear because it is so far from the road. We were greeted by Inga, who is very friendly and were showed to our apartment. It is perfect for two people and very spacious, with views of the cows from our bedroom. The wifi works well in the rooms, and the pool is very clean and cool. The breakfast was delicious, and they even accommodated my gluten intolerance! I have nothing bad to say about this place, if I ever get to come back to italy I will be staying here again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2014

We travel a lot and we visited many places but in Tenuta Pantano Borghese we have been two times.

Tenuta Pantano Borghese is the beautiful place to rest. The place and wonderefull atmosphere created by the owners do not allow themselves to be forgotten.

We have been in Agrotourismo Tenuta Pantano Borghese two times - first time during five days about two years ago. This year when we started planning vacation time, our family since the beginning dreamed of staying in the picturesque location which is the estate of Tenuta Pantano Borghese Agroturizmo. We went there for 14 days.

The place is amazing.
Lets imagine that you're driving your car through the densely built-up district of Rome. You are arriving barely visible entrance gate in the wall. Just enter the code and the beautiful kingdom as from fairy tales opens up before you.

Tenuta Pantano Borghese is the 360 hectare farm. Pleasant and beautifull apartments are located in the old Roman buildings of the estate and to get there you have to go about one kilometer avenue leading among huge pine trees.

If you like peace, silence and cicadas singing,
if being in the nature is a pleasure for you,
if you would like to feel like the "owner" of the 360 hectar space,
if you like swim in the swimming pool in the morning, at the evening and whenever you want,
if you like animals,
if you feel good playing in football and other sports,
if you would like to make a barbeque in the evenings, after long sunny beautiful days,
if you like walking among a beautiful big pines along about a kilometer long avenue,
if you would like to meet wonderful owners who are descendants of the famous Roman families Borghese and Cavazza,
if you would like to go to the amazing fairytale kingdom, which is behind the gate in one of the districts of Rome, and to meet people from all over Europe with similar preferences and tastes,

Agroturismo Tenuta Pantano Borghese is for you.

I can tell you we barely left the place and we are already planning the next arrival.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 22 September 2013

It was a total shock. I didn't book the place. I knew nothing about it. But when I showed up, it was a dairy farm. This was a bit discouraging after driving all over trying to find the place only to be offered cot beds. But I had to stay there three nights because it was next door to where the wedding was.

I actually ended up loving the place. Once I realized it was not supposed to be more than a farm, I relaxed and completely took to the place. The cots were surprisingly comfortable and the breakfast was good, and a great place to talk with the others who were staying there. The swimming pool was a perfect temp and Rome was a short 20 minutes away.

The only weird part was there was no room cleaning or extra towels unless you asked for them. And the final bill was completely in line for what is offered. Also, make sure you pick a room in advance. People were charged the same as us, yet got suites as rooms.

Room Tip: Request a suite...same price as a single.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank islesglass
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Me and my girlfriend held our summer vacation at Tenuta Pantano Borghese for a week and we loved the place.
The hostess was so nice to us, brougt us a basket of food every morning to our door and we even got a room upgrade because there was a wedding saturday which meant that our original room was taken.
The grounds were really romantic with the garden, the buildings, the chapel etc. The cows and the birds were a source of irritation though because of all the noise but you could forget about that in the pool.
We didn't spend much time in the local city, but travelled around every day. Because the local metro station was closed we has to rely on our rented car for transport. So if the station still hasn't opened, you should take that into account.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple