“An example to others”

Shipudei Hakikar
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Beit She'an
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We were staying in the kibbutz resort of Nir David. They do not provide an evening meal, so we had to drive somewhere.
The clientele were from all groups that make up the State of Israel. One’s eyes and ears completely contradicted the apartheid mongers.
Oh yes this is Restaurant review...one sits down..and a table full of starters appears ...the baked fish was delicious and the dessert part of the deal.
Service and helpfulness would put many a “sophisticated “ establishment to shame.
Would I go again..like a shot! Families very welcome. “Doggie bags” rather than waste.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

They set a magnificent table with so many salads and appetizers that you really don’t need to order a main course. But, of course, I did. My friend sufficed with the salads and I ordered goose liver on a skewer. Expensive, $30 for one skewer with four chunks, but worth every penny if you can afford it. Just delicious. Staff and owners were so welcoming and gracious. All in all, a great dining experience.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Arrived on Passover afternoon. The place was packed and we had doubts how will be the service. After waiting less than half an hour we got a table. Soon after the table was covered with very tasty salads that were refiled quickly with no extra cost. We had tender chicken pullet skewers and steak as well as chicken liver skewers. All delicious. We got for dessert ice scream, coffee and tea for no extra. Place is Kosher. Very nice service with a smile. We will come again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Fortunately, the place our tour guide was going to take us was closed, so we ended up here. I'm still talking about it, 15 years later. The picture is of the side dishes that came with our lamb shashlik and kebabs.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

My family and I decided to go for dinner to Shipudei Hakikar. It wasn't easy to find it but finally we managed to make it there. We had no idea what kind of food we were expecting besides "local". The place is full of locals having their meals cheerfully, and waitering is AMAZINGLY nice. Before even ordering they serve bread and many Little salads and dips that are delicious. Later you can order and desert is also included. It is affordable, good and definitely fits a "local" experience.

1  Thank Alicia M