Landhotel & Gasthof Zur Post
US$123
US$118
  • Restaurant
Das Johannesbad Hotel(Bad Kohlgrub)
US$217
US$212
Bavaria Dream Hotel(Bad Kohlgrub)
US$127
Hotel Schillingshof(Bad Kohlgrub)
US$191
US$186
TripAdvisor
Parkhotel am Soier See(Bad Bayersoien)
Priceline
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stopped for one night during a road trip around Europe. We were made to feel very welcome by all staff. It was my friends birthday so the bar man gave us a berry schnapps each and toasted with us. The food in the restaurant was delicious.

I would definitely stop again

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We stayed here for three nights and loved it. We knew nothing about the area, but booked it through a booking site ahead of time. The setting is lovely. The building is quaint and the rooms are spacious. We booked the family apartment and had plenty of room for our family of five.

The rooms come with breakfast and you can order dinner at the hotel. There is a lovely beer garden outside on a deck where dinner is served when the weather is good. We opted for dinner the first night. We are two vegans and three vegetarians and were dubious we'd be able to eat anything. Here we were, out in the middle of nowhere and our meal was so delicious it could rival any good meal in a fancy Bay Area restaurant. Really delicious.

It seemed like most of the guests were German, not foreigners like us. That made our experience even better. Not sure how much English the owners and workers speak. We know enough German to get by on German, but others who do know much might have to do lots of sign language to get by.

I would totally go back here again. Loved this place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We ate here while staying with a family in the village.
There's a pretty beer garden at the back.
We were both presently very surprised by the excellent quality food...one steak and I had homemade pasta with chicken in a yummy curry sauce. It's the best meal we've had during our week in Bavaria, we even had desserts of yummy homemade ice cream.
Would definitely recommend eating here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2017

I am a repeat customer. I feel taken care of every time I visit. They actually remember my requests without asking. The breakfast is good and very fresh. The adjoining restaurant is typical Bavarian and is of high quality. Good parking on the pavement in front of the main facade. I had a room facing Neuschwanstein Castle. Also, it's minutes away from Kristall Thermae public Spa. I'll go there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Been here a few times but it's always been shut. Not so this trip. You need to turn off the main road, but it's less than a minutes drive from the junction. Fantastic terrace outside for eating. Great food, varied menu and good friendly service.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple