All reviews stay there again stayed here stirling castle en route long drive on arrival comfortable room good size jennifer horses fridge accommodation dogs wifi glasgow blind ensuite
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We stayed one night on our way to Orkney. We have a Yorkie and not many places welcome dogs, they do here. Spotlessly clean and very welcoming , definitely use this accommodation again. Also a very short walk to Brewers Fare for Breakfast or other meals,

Room Tip: There are no views but this accommodation is very convenient for the motorway
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my family in may while attending a wedding near by.
I was met on arrival by a very friendly and pleasant woman ( i forget her name) and was shown to my room. She explained things to me about the room like how the shower worked, the wifi password etc.

The room was a good size for us, was clean and well presented. The beds were fairly comfortable and had plenty of covers to keep you warm if you felt cold.
The shower in the bathroom had a good range of temperature, if you like a cool shower like i do you are in luck whereas my wife prefers a very hot shower and she was very happy to.

All in all i cant really fault the barn lodge, it was a fair price for a comfortable stay. I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We stayed here for 1 night on the way to Scotland.
We had room 1 which was a triple room on the ground floor, which was a.good size. As a bonus there was also fridge in the room.
Pets are allowed.
Very friendly host.
Good value for money.

Room Tip: Pets allowed
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Didn't book this place but she still took my money from account even though I told her someone else used my details to book even my bank allowed transfer when I tried to explain to her she was extremely rude beware of doing business with this place

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
JenMuirhead1977, Owner at The Barn Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Anyone with half a brain is going to know that if your card is fraudulently used the bank will give you a refund.
You booked 2 out of our 7 rooms last September for one night in May. You even called to confirm that you had booked the rooms properly as you hadn't used booking.com before. When I called you the evening you were due to arrive (while on a night out) your response was that you meant to cancel but forgot.
You then raised the issue with your bank that I had taken payment which I was within my rights to do so. I was able to prove you had booked the rooms and didn't show up or cancel, the bank agreed hence you didn't get your money back.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

My sister, brother, and I were booked for 2 days into Room 1 - a clean and comfortable room for three. The host and his wife were friendly and helpful, even alerting us by text a few days later when they had an opening for an additional night if we needed it. There's a good bar and a good restaurant just a short walk away, horses to greet you in the paddocks, and a very quiet atmosphere. We would certainly stay there again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family