1,044 results
All reviewsskiathos princessbeach restauranthalf boardprivate beachkids clubthe busmattress topperpool barevening entertainmentlovely hotelhotel guestsmain restaurantcrepesgarden viewfamily roomnext yearacross the road
Reviewed 25 August 2016

We had just stayed at the gorgeous Adrina Resort & Spa on Skopelos so to arrive to a 70s room with very loud air con which barely worked, dreadful small dark, old room which is not big enough for a family. Well to put it simply we were gutted. My husband NEVER complains but went to reception to see if anything better was available. He was apparently treated quite rudely.
The bath and shower is horrendous and even for me was uncomfortable and I am a 5ft tall woman. Beds hard, even with the mattress topper they provided I got a bad back (so did the people in the room next door). WI-FI does not work, so they provide a booster if you ask. This worked, just. But each time I wanted to use it I had to put in code every time, very tedious.
Breakfast pretty good, beach bar overpriced as you would expect, nice enough for lunch. Greek salad etc good. Nice wine, we went one evening and it was half empty. Michael Bolton at full blast even after mentioning it twice.....there are nice enough local tavernas half the price and taxi return to Skiathos Town 30 euros, so wrongly went once.
Pool area quite nice with comfy beds, though wrong material so boiling hot! Beach area nice. For us having come from such a wonderful, relaxing place to what we consider quite a standard beach holiday place, made it even worse. I cancelled our second week at The Adrina to come here, as I was nervous it would be too quiet there and wanted a more 'structured' kids club as a safety net really. I was terribly wrong, the other place was heaven....and the kids club here is pretty non existent, it is a case of misdescription saying there is something for 4+, they were there 2 hours and were bored to death, even the poor girl running it told us they were bored .... Very different to places like the Almyra and Marbella Beach, both with excellent kids clubs. This is a joke here. I would say I would return just me and the kids even got a week of sun, but I wouldn't, there are so many better places. This place is very overpriced, so Princess, start investing in the hotel and refurb the Internet system, the rooms etc. And as for the spa, the less said the better. My facial and head and neck massage was dreadful, no massaging going on, just a few masks and her leaving the room. Poor.

Room Tip: I did like the garden bit for the children in premier family room..rest of room dreadful so upgrade a bit
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank SGreen33
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Overall a lovely hotel, beautiful location right on the beach. Plenty of comfy sun beds by the pool and the beach and also good choice of restaurants on offer with good service in all areas of the hotel. The negative points are WIFI really dreadful everywhere apart from reception which was disappointing and the bathrooms are dated. I think the hotel is not quite a 5 star but nevertheless would recommend.
Across the road is a fabulous taverna worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2016

This hotel is a very long way off being 5* standard compared to other 5* hotels I've stayed. Let me start with the Service:
We stayed for 2 weeks and not once did anyone ask us whether we were enjoying our stay. Usually hotel receptions call the day after checking in to ask whether everything is OK. But not here. we were not asked once in the entire time we stayed here.
The bar staff were positively surly and bordering on rude.
The omelette guy at breakfast spent ages washing up each pan after every omelette while the queue grew longer.
Room:
We were in a supposedly Deluxe Premier Double Room. If this is deluxe I'd hate to see the others! The 'marble' bathroom had cracked floor tiles, dirty tile grout on the walls and the water temperature in the shower veered dangerously between scorching and cold. There was no way I could leave my daughter in the shower without close supervision for fear of being scalded. And the whole bathroom smelled of damp.
There were dead flies squashed on the walls when we arrived which weren't cleaned off until week 2 of our stay.
The furnishings were tatty with stains all over the white table and the valance hanging off the bed. The towels were frayed and there was no turn-down service.
The air-conditioning rattled like a train and the temperature was not adjustable.
This was a barely a 3* room definitely not a 5*.
Facilities:
There is nothing to tell you what's going on each day/evening at the hotel. A simple sheet on display as you enter the breakfast room would suffice. We had no idea whether there was any evening entertainment taking place each day.
Due to the number of weddings (which we'll come on to separately), the lovely beach restaurant was out of action for most evenings during our stay. We went out to eat instead - their loss.
One of the main reasons we chose this hotel was that it supposedly has a kids club. This is a misleading description. It's more like an indoor crèche room. There are no kids club activities usually on offer at 5* resort hotels: - no beach games, pool volleyball, tennis tournaments, football matches, no proper playground (apart from a small plastic slide and swing suitable for under 3's), not even a Wii. Nothing. So unless your little one's like sitting indoors colouring and licking and sticking, forget it.
Gym/sports facilities:
The gym is in the basement and the air-conditioning is useless/non existent. The equipment is old and broken.
The only sporting facility was a table tennis table out on the (very uneven) grass.
There are watersports (not part of the hotel) out along the beach.
Finally some general points:
When you think you've booked a 5* holiday, you don't expect to have to trudge across a busy main road with your suitcases to reach the hotel. Move the cars parked outside into the carpark at the side to allow coaches to enter.
The grass was really long especially around the downstairs rooms and really needed cutting. The grounds could be beautiful with a bit of attention.
There was a wedding almost every evening while were there. This meant that the hotel was full of people on their 'holiday of a lifetime' and there were lots of large groups. A couple of days were like being on a stag/hen night with loads of shouting, boozing and bad language around the pool. Not quite the peaceful Greek island holiday I was expecting. Next time, I'll pay more attention and avoid hotels which offer wedding packages. Wouldn't have thought to even consider it previously.

Overall I wouldn't stay here again. I'd rather stay at a truly 5* hotel or save some money and stay in a nice apartment or villa. The Skiathos Princess is in a great location, on a lovely beach (and the beach sunbeds are free to hotel guests). But it could be a great hotel with a bit of upgrading.

Room Tip: Rooms with pools are in the shade each afternoon/evening.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Jillyonholiday
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

I visited this hotel a couple of weeks ago for my sisters wedding. We were a large group of friends and family and I can safely say we were all thrilled with the hotel. A little on the pricey side when booking but when you arrive you can justify why it is so. Lovely hotel, fairly small in relation to other Greek resorts I have stayed in before however this played to its advantage as it was never overcrowded by the pool, restaurant, etc. Great location in the middle of either end of the island which can easily be accessed by a regular public bus service at a very cheap cost. Small shop opposite the hotel entrance which sells many things, beach hut that sells snacks throughout the day if you choose not to eat at the hotel and bats and retardants surrounding the hotel too for lunch and evening meals. The facilities for the wedding were amazing and it was truly a beautiful venue! Images included show both hotel and wedding which is exactly as it was advertised to my sister! Couldn't have asked for more helpful and friendly staff. Twin beds were slightly uncomfortable and limited beds by the pool however if you get there soon enough then it is fine! Also if you are only bed and breakfast the evening meal comes at an additional cost of €35 which is a bit steep however this is for a wide selection of buffet. All of the positives definitely out way the negatives. We had friend and family also staying in various hotels across the island and all said the princess was the best! The staff made allowed my sister to have the most magical day of her life and we all had the best holiday possible. 100% recommend staying here and we are already planning our reunion in a few year which we shall definitely be returning to the Princess, best hotel on this lovely island.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

My new husband and I have just returned from a fantastic 10 days at the Princess where we got married! Staff are super, always happy to help. We were half board and couldn't get enough of the food. Breakfast and dinner had great choices and the food was delicious. We stayed in one of the pool rooms and couldn't ask for anything better, it was your own little room of luxury.
Our wedding day was fantastic, the staff did a super job of making it the best day ever and all our family and friends agreed.
We can't wait to come back!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends