All reviews dvd player the main house lovely hotel lounge area new building saturday night staff were attentive business trip room was large spa facilities plenty of parking full english lakes goats jacuzzi yeovil somerset
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We recently visited Lanes wanting a lunch in a sunny setting. Lanes provided a cracking venue, lunch in there sunny formal garden. Staff were attentive and knowlegable. Food was of high quality at a sensible price. We shall be returning soon with friends.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Shaun W, Owner at Lanes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for posting this review. I'm really glad that you enjoyed lunch in our gardens, they are looking superb at the moment despite the hot weather. We​ look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

My mum and I had lunch and a full body massage. Lunch was delicious and nicely presented. All staff were friendly and helpful throughout our afternoon which made it a relaxed and very enjoyable day.
Highly recommend Lanes for both lunch and spa!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Shaun W, Owner at Lanes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for posting this review, I'm so glad that you had a good day with us. Hopefully, we'll see you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Stayed for just one night following a concert. Rooms very neat and tidy, the garden view is delightful. Clearly it hasn't been built yesterday so expect the odd squeeky floorboard in the corridors. No air-con in the rooms which was fine when I stayed, not sure what it would be like if the weather really warmed up.
Only had breakfast which was reasonable enough although the scrambled eggs were a little un-scrambled for my liking (and not terribly warm either). Other than that, seemed like a very pleasant place, the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden seem quiet with a nice view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Shaun W, Owner at Lanes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I have noted your comment regarding the heat of the scrambled eggs and apologise for this. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We visited with my mother on Friday before Mother's Day and although we were in a smaller room as there was a function in the main restaurant that evening, this had a nice view across the gardens and so was quite pleasant.

The service was good and friendly and the food was nice with reasonable size portions.

Overall we enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Shaun W, Owner at Lanes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you for your review​. I am glad that you enjoyed lunch with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Had heard a lot of good things about this place. Unfortunately my experience was not in line with the positive feedback I had heard. Visited for dinner for 4. Attentive staff and fairly quick service. It was the food however that let the place down. To read, the menu looked high quality and increased our appetite with the delicious sounding dishes. Unfortunately, on arrival the food was far from satisfactory. I would hope everything was as fresh as possible on such a menu, but it tasted far from it. One member of our party asked if her fish was fresh and when it was brought in, only to be told it wasn't fresh and was indeed frozen. Not what I would expect from such a place. Especially at the price.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Shaun W, Owner at Lanes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed. I wish that you had let us know of your disappointment at the time of dining. Without specific details of what you found disappointing, I am unable to comment further on your experience. However, I can assure you that we do cook from fresh and we also buy fresh fish from our supplier based in Cornwall. With that said, we vacuum pack fish once filleted and prepared and then freeze it. This is common practice throughout the restaurant industry and is practised​ by many top sushi chefs. The freezing of fish in this way (i) breaks down enzymes in the fish, (ii) will kill any parasite that may be present, and (iii) allows us to safely store a perishable product without any risk of freezer burn. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel so that I can understand your disappointment fully.