La Casa de Marita(Puerto Villamil)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$140
Hotel Albemarle(Puerto Villamil)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$148
  • Breakfast included
Casita de la Playa(Puerto Villamil)
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Casa Hospedaje Sea Lions(Puerto Villamil)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$50
Casa Los Delfines(Puerto Villamil)
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Cielo Azul(Puerto Villamil)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$57
Hospedaje Cerro Azul(Puerto Villamil)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$50
Drake Inn(Puerto Villamil)
US$110
Caleta Iguana(Puerto Villamil)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$196
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeach barisla isabelasanta cruzbetowifi
Reviewed 27 January 2017

I booked here for two reasons....price and reviews! So I arrived with high expectations which didn't match the reality and was reminded that you get what you pay for!! In this case, a dingy room which was set back off the beach and only looked out onto a street. I was on the ground floor and so I couldn't even keep my curtains open as the only window was straight onto the street. The room felt more like a cave, claustrophobic and a little damp by the fact that there were no windows that could be opened. It was impossible for anything to dry in there, not even bikinis.
I reminded myself that I wasn't on the beautiful Isla Isabela to spend time in my room but even the small amount of time I was in this room made me feel a little fed up! The artificial light that I depended on was very bright and the bedside table was 'dangerously' hit and miss. There was no wifi in the room and it was necessary to walk over to the beach bar for a signal....if the bar was busy - forget it, no wifi possible!! The bar itself was not as exceptional as reviews had lead me to believe and guides brought heaps of tourists as part of some sort of tour, which I found a little irritating if nothing else. I returned to the bar one evening after a pleasant meal out and after enjoying a strong mojito with my meal ($6) I decided to follow it with another in the bar. Even as a resident I was charged $8 and it just tasted like sugar water. I tried another and requested less sugar and then it just tasted like sugar water with less sugar! I was also mislead by a youtube video which turned out to be the beach bar next door and not this one! It actually looked more appealing to be honest.
The only worth that this room had to me was to provide a bed and a shower but the bed was uncomfortable and the tiny shower flooded the bathroom floor however hard I tried to avoid this. Perhaps a couple of nights here would have been just perfect instead of a week. I would definitely recommend paying more money and getting one of the rooms looking out to the beach if deciding to stay here.

Stayed: December 2016
2  Thank Justinejustine55
Reviewed 18 December 2016

I went to General Villamil Playas with uncles, cousins and my brothers.
The trip lasted aproximately one hour traveling from Guayaquil by car. During the trip we stopped to have breakfast, then we went to a restaurant, the person who awaited on in the restaurant gave us good service .
One hour later we arrived. We visited a beach called "El Arenal" This is a beach open to the public however this place is rarely visited by domestic or foreign tourists.
something that i observed during my short time that i was, the place didn´t have security controls, they dont have lifeguards or vigilance to try to avoid possible robberies, only this persons who rent the umbrellas take control to avoid such problems.
then my uncles met some friends and they invited us to the ocean beach club and resort this place has a private beach and we steyed in that beautiful place all the afternoon

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Really good hotel, one of the best I would say in isla Isabela. Nice people and you have the beach right in front of your room! I would greatly recomend it to anyone who wishes to spend a good time in there.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2016

When we arrived,our reservations were occupied.We were lucky to find another hotel,but with no credit card payment.Were difficult to find any hostel or hotel who accept credit card in this island.The owner offered a room with no air conditioning ( in a hot place) , this no sea view ( that was our booking before) for even more money.

Room Tip: location is great
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2015

Stopped by the beach bar after a wildlife viewing walk on our way back to town. The couple of hours there were perhaps my favorite of the week-long trip. Relaxed, breezy, shaded, unhurried. Kids came and went as they explored the shorefront and returned for sustenance. Iguanas at our feet. Really humorous 'emergency exit' sign!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family