My husband and I stayed here with friends in October 2017 and it was such a wonderful experience. We could see the iguanas out front on the rocks every day, as well as watch them crossing the road from our ocean view balcony room. The staff here was very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were beautiful. There is a lagoon behind the hotel with a nice boardwalk, which takes you to the tortoise breeding center in about 25 minutes. We saw many iguanas, flamingos and other birds along the way. The best thing about this hotel was the unobstructed view of the ocean (well worth getting an ocean-front room). The hotel is in a safe area and it is only about a 6-minute walk into town. We would recommend this hotel to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Crossing is Isabela's newest and most innovative hotel. Its minimalist design and superior service offer guests a privileged experience on this scarcely populated island. Iguana Crossing is located in between Isabela's extensive white sand beaches and directly behind a wildlife-filled lagoon. Iguana Crossing offers an oceanfront swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 12 fully equipped rooms and a master suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iguana Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Crossing Hotel Puerto Villamil
- Iguana Crossing Galapagos Islands/Isabela, Ecuador