“Some delicious Chinese style food here”
Review of Dimsum Diner

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dimsum Diner
Ranked #12 of 21 Restaurants in Koronadal
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 December 2015

The Koronadal branch of Dimsum Diner is conveniently located in the centre of the town (opposite the KCC Mall on the corner of General Santos Drive and Aquino Street).

We visited the restaurant on a Saturday lunchtime around 12:30pm and it was very busy with a mix of families, couples and friends. We were lucky to get a table, although it quietened down considerably after 1pm.

This isn't what I would call a full-blown Chinese restaurant - their menu only runs to 4 or 5 pages and seems to offer a choice restricted/tailored to the Filipino palate, rather than the wider range I have been used to in Europe.

We settled for the Dimsum Platter, Beef Tenderloin Steak Chinese Style and Spicy Honey Chicken (both with boiled rice) and for drinks, Mango Milkshake for my partner and Iced Tea for myself.

Service was polite, if a bit reserved, and slightly on the slow side, although that can partly be attributed to busy lunchtime rush.

The Dimsum platter was disappointing and tasteless and neither of us enjoyed it. But both beef and chicken were delicious and tasty in gorgeous sauces. The beef was amazingly tender and it's evident good quality of meat was used. The Mango milkshake initially tasted smooth but we couldn't finish it as it was too sweet, even for my Filipina partner.

The whole visit lasted just over an hour and cost PHP755, not cheap but the two main courses (just under PHP300 each) were excellent value for the sheer quality.

The air-conditioning seemed slightly inefficient, both of us would have preferred it a few degrees cooler but, in all, a lovely experience and given the right food choices it's a place I would visit again.