1,042 results
All reviewswater bus stopgrand canalmassive bedrialto bridged orotrain stationjacuzzi bathbeautiful hotelmurano glasssuperior roomstrada novavenetian stylesister hotelcoffee machinefirst floorwatch the worldthe air conditioning
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We stayed for 2 nights - early Jan 2018.
Straight forward check in.
Room was small, but adequate for our stay, clean and warm.
Located less than 15 mins from St Mark's Sq, would recommend using a map on your phone rather than normal map, at very easy to get lost.
Breakfast was acceptable, good choice and having read other reviews regarding the coffee!!! can honesty say coffee is absolutely fine.
Quite location, with stunning views of the Grand Canal.
All staff we met were polite and helpful, and we were able to leave our luggage on the last day so we could enjoy the sights of Venice without dragging our cases.
Would highly recommend this hotel, great value for money

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights during mid December. Beautiful hotel, with a fantastic location. The vaperetto stop is just a few steps away from the entrance and we felt the location on the grand canal was perfect - equal distance between the train station and san marco.

Friendly staff. Good breakfast buffet selection.

Only negative was the room, although beautifully Venetian with Murano glass chandeliers looked a little tired - with some ?damp on the walls - difficult to tell with the dark wall paper.

On the whole a fantastic choice for those looking for an central base for their Venice trip!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrRH2016
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Booked a dirt cheap hotel in Venice, hoping it would live up to the expectations set by the reviews on Trip Advisor, images from their website and the recommendations otherwise found online.
It exceeded them all.

First plus point: The waterbus stops (almost) right on the doorstep.

The garden is lovely, although the furniture were in such a bad condition, I almost fell through the seat when I sat down (I'm a rather small person...)

We stayed in the queen suite.
The bed was so big, we struggled to find each other the next morning (no joke, I thought he fell out of bed).
The bathroom had a jacuzzi(!!), as well as your standard shower, toilet and sink.
So glad there were black-out-blinds and an ac, or we wouldn't have been able to sleep.
The room was very quiet during night - if that's because of the area, the location or what I have no idea - but it was refreshing to stay rather central and still be able to fall asleep and wake up to a quiet room.

Breakfast was standard, nothing special. Should've been more vegetarian options, but that was something we noticed a huge lack of everywhere we went.

Receptionists were lovely and such a sweet girl (blonde, young lady? 20-something?) who offered us a lot of tips on where to go and eat.

Lovely area to stay in as well.

Downside:
Incredibly rude cleaning lady who kept yelling at me both upon arrival, and during breakfast (because of this, we only ate breakfast there once).
I do not speak Italian, and thus was put off by this.
In hindsight, I realize coming to breakfast without shoes probably was a mistake on my part, but I've NEVER been told off by the cleaners or the waiting staff for this ever before anywhere else. Especially not in a place as hot and humid as Venice. For some odd reason, putting on the tiniest, ugliest slippers were okay though?
I was also yelled at for sitting in the lounge during daytime, while I waited for my partner who ran back upstairs to fetch their wallet...

Room Tip: If booking a queen suite: Ask for the room with a jacuzzi, as not all their suites have one.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and highly recommend it. The rooms are very spacious and the amenities and bathroom were great. It's got a fabulous location, right at one of the water bus stops (Ca'd'Oro) and is about half-way between the train station and Piazza San Marco. The breakfast was very substantial and the staff are friendly and knowledgeable, with great recommendations of restaurants nearby. We loved our stay at this hotel

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Devorah B
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

My expectations were exceeded with this hotel. We booked 2 rooms . One for the kids a twin and my husband and I had the suite at the front over looking the grand canal. Grand it was. Huge comfy bed, lovely linen, spacious bathroom with spa, easy access to the main shopping area in Venice . Breakfast was wonderful , my only criticism is that we did not have tea or coffee making facilities in the room. Pics showing balcony, view from room,room bed

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family