“Fantastic Stay With Excellent Views”

Princess Heights Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Oyster Pond
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Stayed in the newer units. They are well furnished with all amenities. There is an elevator in these units which the older units do not offer. Our view was superb overlooking Dawn Beach. I recommend using your car to drive down to the beach. I needed to laugh at another review calling out the "goat trail" to get to the beach. The road is steep and not suited to walking unless you're in good physical condition. The staff are friendly, well trained and accommodating. This is a very well run establishment.

Room Tip: New building with end unit on any floor except top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheWiseOwl-AZ

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Be aware staying in the new second building requires a 5 floor hike to the pool. Rooms are average and hiking to the beach will require a Sherpa to lead you up the goat track back to your room. Buyer beware.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sean H
FrontOfficePH, Manager at Princess Heights Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear guest, we would like to take the opportunity to clarify about the stairs in our first building and why we believe they do not impact guest experience: 1) Our staff offers in-property transportation to any common areas of the hotel an event nearby places when requested; 2) There is an elevator in the 2nd building plus 3 parking levels covering the 2 buildings. 3) There are stairs in the first building but their use for 2nd building guests is optional, since most SXM travellers rent a car and make use of our private road to get in an out, so the stairs do not represent an impact in their stay. Upon confirming reservations, we strongly recommend all our guests to rent a car due to the unique landscape of the island with hilly roads and also for a more independent tourist experience. On another note, our Assistant General manager checked you in and personally made sure along with the staff that your stay was pleasant and even offered you transportation provided the fact that you decided not to make use of a rental car. We received your overall positive feedback when inhouse and would have liked to know about your discomfort in order to assist and find a solution, since quality, personalized service and assistance to all our guest is the top priority for out hotel staff and management. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Be sure to bring your sneakers and expect to climb a lot of stairs at this boutique hotel.

Stay in the upper building - all rooms have a great view of Dawn Beach.

The pool is nice and quiet and the staff is very friendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank NYFrontier
FrontOfficePH, Manager at Princess Heights Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for your positive review and for choosing Princess Heights. We would like to point out that 1st building stairs are only optional if you are staying the 1st building of the property. The second building where you stayed has direct parking entrances and an elevator. In general, most of our guest make use of the rental car (which we strongly recommend for your best experience in St. Maarten) to move around the neighbourhood as it is closer and more convenient to some.

Thank you once again for your feedback!

Regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I recently travelled to Princess Heights with my family of 5. I particularly chose this hotel because it offered condo type accommodations which is very convenient when traveling with small children. The week before my arrival I called to request a crib for my condo as well as a condo in the building with the elevator, as I had read numerous reviews saying not all the buildings were equipped with elevators. Traveling with an infant and a toddler, no elevator in a multi-story building would have been a huge deal breaker. The guy on the phone was able to confirm that a crib would be in my room upon my arrival, however he could not confirm what building my condo would be, based on availability---which I understood. He said he would make a note and try to accommodate my request.
When we got there we checked in with Grace (I think). She was very nice, knowledgeable of the island and thorough with the check in process.
We were assigned to a condo on the second building as we requested. Yay!!
The condo was clean, with a fully stocked kitchen for cooking. We bought groceries on our way in for breakfast etc etc.
Breathtaking view from the balcony. Any requests we had, the front desk would fulfill within 5 minutes. Very prompt!! We rented beach chairs from the hotel which we used for the duration of the stay.

Two small issues: 1. Housekeeping. The first day we were out and came back to the hotel, our kitchen was cleaned but none of the beds were made. It made me question myself if I had somehow missed an additional Housekeeping package that I had to pay for. Second day, Tricia came and cleaned our condo. She did a pretty awesome job. Made our beds, emptied our garbage etc. On the 3rd day, we were still sleeping when housekeeping came. I asked her please just to empty the garbage cans throughout the condo. She emptied the cans but left the full garbage bag from the bathroom on top of the toilet tank. Ugghh!!
My second issue is the WIFI. Its almost non-existent. I am not sure why its even advertised as an amenity. Didn't work in either bedrooms and just barely in the living room.
Our encounters with Jan, Grace and Tricia were very pleasant and they left a lasting impression.
Despite the minor hiccups, Princess Heights was awesome. I would recommend it, especially if traveling with a family. If I were to return to St. Maarten, Princess Heights would be my first choice for accommodations!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tricia H

Dear guest, thank you for your positive feedback on your stay at Princess Heights! The staff will be very pleased to read your comments on their good service and the great experience you had at Princess Heights. As per your constructive remarks, we are already taking measures to see what could have happen with your in room Wifi as it is not common for this to happen. Necessary adjustments were also made with our housekeeping team to ensure this minor issue you had is not repeated. Again, our property is very well known for our high standards of cleanliness and housekeeping practices, so we take this seriously.

Do not hesitate to contact us again when coming back to St. Maarten!

Best regads,

Reviewed 21 August 2017

The room was very spacious! Balcony and bedroom have ocean view. Room is very nice, clean and it has a full kitchen. Eline is extremely helpful and polite! She was very details and patience. When she checked us in and show us the room, she noticed the sofa bed wasn't setup. She called the cleaning staff to set it up. She waited in our room until the staff arrived and it was all setup before she leaves the room. There was a lady who works there for 18 years (I forgot her name). She was very knowledgeable and helpful also. She helped us to call the excursion places and got all the information for us. All the staff there are very friendly. The pool is big and my kids love to stay in the hotel to play in the pool. Overall, we love this hotel!

Room Tip: all the rooms have ocean view but I would recommend higher level.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
FrontOfficePH, Manager at Princess Heights Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear guest, on behalf our front desk member Eline and the rest of the operations team, we would like to thank you and your family for your great comments on your stay! We are very happy to read that we were helpful to you from beginning the end during the time you stayed at the hotel. We do hope to have you come back very soon!.

Best regards!

Grand Case Beach Club
#2 of 8 in Grand Case
10.1 km away
Mercure Saint-Martin Marina & Spa

Been to Princess Heights Hotel? Share your experiences!