All reviews hacienda puerta del cielo masaya volcano other guests active volcano the owner tour guide zip lining outdoor shower honeymoon suite beautiful country eco lodge off the beaten path one of a kind natural beauty national park breathtaking views my girlfriend
Reviewed 29 May 2018

The natural beauty of this place is breath-taking and untouched. There is nothing like sitting in a pool or eating a meal at the base of an active volcano. The service and amenities were well worth the trip!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
HdaMgmnt, Manager at Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you Natalie for visiting us. I am glad to hear from your group that you had a great time at the Hacienda.
Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

A great escape from the noise of the everyday life in the city. The road was a little rough getting there, but worth the trip. Staff is very courteous and professional. Very relaxing environment. A must do in Masatepe!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you Jeff for visiting us with you team! Hope to see all of you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Puerta del Cielo is truly one-of-a-kind. The drive in through Masatepe shows you both an authentic side of Nicaragua as well as a truly unique tour of the wonder landscape Nicaragua boasts. The sites, sounds, and authenticity of this place will create lasting memories.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
HdaMgmnt, Manager at Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you Brandon for letting your team discover our little piece of Paradise! I am glad you had a lot of fun and your team enjoyed the Hacienda!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I've lived in the area for almost a year and a half, but this was my first trip to Puerta del Cielo! My teammates and I did what is called a Day Pass, and were there for about five hours enjoying time together, delicious food, access to the pool, and the incredible view! Nearly all of us live in town, where there are a lot of sounds at all hours of the day. Getting out into a little piece of paradise that I did not even know existed miles away from my home was a much-needed breath of fresh air! I was surprised by how quiet and peaceful it was, as well as by how delicious my Jalapeño Chicken was! This place is a must-visit, especially if you just need a break from the busyness of everyday life! Would love to go back!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Hi Mandy: You were the first group to visit us on or newly program; Day Pass. I am glad that you enjoyed your afternoon at the pool and the food you were served at the Hacienda. Do not forget to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

My husband, adult son and his fiancé, and adult daughter and her boyfriend just returned from 5 nights at the Hacienda and we all loved every minute of it! From the beginning the owner JC and his wife Linda were so helpful with the booking process and with scheduling tours and spa treatments. Unfortunately they were not there during our visit. We would have loved to have met them!

But the rest of the staff took great care of us! Oscar, Carlos and Adrian were all so helpful and friendly! We got to know Adrian quite well, as he picked us up and dropped us off at the airport and was our driver for both of the tours we took. All of my family loved talking with him. He is definitely passionate about what he does and about his country! He was an excellent driver/tour guide.

Everything - the Casitas in which we stayed, the gorgeous views of Masaya National Park and the Masaya Volcano and lake, the delicious home cooked meals, the relaxing pool, the yummy drinks - made for a perfectly authentic, perfectly perfect experience of Nicaragua. Definitely not a chain hotel experience but the real deal!!

We did the Granada and the Masaya Volcano at night tours. We especially loved the boat part of the Granada tour and loved experiencing a Nicaraguan city. And the volcano - hard to describe what seeing (and hearing) an active volcano is like. Pretty awe-inspiring!! My only tiny complaint is that we would have liked to have eaten at more authentic restaurants on the tours. The food was fine but we just like authentic more!!

I would definitely recommend Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo to anyone!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Pattim05

Thank you Patti for visiting us with your family. We are happy that you had a fabulous time at the Hacienda and hope to see you again in the near future.