All reviews del rio room was clean pets noise pool mexico sonora
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

The Best Western Del Rio in Navajoa is under new management since about November 2017, and they need hotel school. We have been guests here across ten years, endured their extensive renovation, and today's check-in on a reservation (made mid April 2018) will probably be our last. While linens are new, rooms spacious, great well priced restaurant, & better wifi & cable televisions the rooms are not consistently clean & plumbing is spotty as sink or showers do not drain well. Our room had no working phone or sink, the king bed was gone and a queen set was shoved against the headboard, the AC wall unit was filthy, bath towels were missing, and we lacked a chair for the bistro table. Following three trips to the front desk and two hours after checking in our problems have not been corrected. The desk clerk reports the hotel is full, so they can not change our room. Pass on this hotel, and Best Western should do a better inspection.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2017

We normally stay at Fiesta in Navojoa as we travel to & from the border, but thought we'd try the Best Western this trip. Rooms are run down. No towels when we checked in. The restaurant experience was horrible! Not a friendly place you would typically find in Mexico. They hovered behind us as we finished a mediocre dinner, like they couldn't wait for us to leave. Wouldn't stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We had a very poor sleep at this hotel last time we stayed here due to a noisy motorcycle rally that stayed at same hotel. I was reluctant to stay there again, but decided to give it another chance. We had another very poor sleep due to a very loud karaoke party that went until about 3:00 AM. I complained to reception at about 1:00, but nothing changed as a result.

On the positive side, the room was spacious and clean. The restaurant service was very good and the food was average to above average. The internet was also adequate.

Another issue I had is with BW reservations. I booked this room using the BW reservation system and paid MXN 1,060. Had I showed up at the door, I was told by reception staff that the price would have been only MXN 850 for the same room. If other readers plan to stay there, I recommend calling the hotel to check price including tax.

In summary, I will be giving this property a pass next time we need to stay in that city. There are other nearby hotels that are less expensive and I would like to think less noisy.

Room tip: Ask for a room at back.
Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Rooms were fine, staff was very helpful, dinner was good , great breakfast included in the morning. Would stop here again! $860 pesos very reasonable. Try not to get room closest to the highway, Small town seemed very clean.Q

Room tip: Get in the back area!
Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We stopped after driving 12 hours, all we wanted is a comfortable bed, shower and watch a little TV. We were first put in a room that the Television did not work, also had several dead insects! Our room was changed -had to move all belongings not what you want to do after a hard day. In this room there were more than 10 dead we believe crickets. Stuffing coming out of the pillows, 1 wash cloth and OMG the bed was the worse ever! HARD-mattress on a cement slab, why not just put a sheet on the cement? I will not be back!! I do want to add that Luis and the security guard were very nice and tried to help as much as possible.

Room tip: IF you want a good nights sleep do not stay here!
Date of stay: October 2017