See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 November 2016

Enjoyed the stay. I had the room in the photo. Clean and well appointed. Let down by a couple of details (shower head was loose, blind was broken), but did not put me off as the price was reasonable. The best part was the adjoining restaurant, which was excellent. The restaurant was completely full due to a party one night, but as I was resident they found me a table and looked after me very well. All the staff were very helpful, from arrival to departure. I will stay again as I need more time to discover Strasbourg.

Room Tip: I suspect the rooms in the newer extension are more comfortably equipped
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2015

We visited for an evening with French friends and the restaurant was attractive with welcoming staff,. BUT I ordered a fillet steak "medium" and had to return it TWICE as the blood ran out of it each time I cut in. This meant that the others had virtually finished their main courses - which were good- before I could start mine. Also the vegetables had not been changed - it seemed that they had probably been put in a microwave to reheat them - not good. This is the first time that we have had such difficulty getting a steak correctly cooked in France. We will not go there again.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2015

I stayed in this hotel 5 night, while being on a business trip there. The rooms are spacious and pretty clean but with old furniture. There was free internet connection, but really slow so I wasn't able to use it too much. The staff is really friendly and the restaurant is awesome. Really good food and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 6 was ok.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was travelling with 3 of my children to Switzerland. On the way we intended to go to the theme park "Europapark" the very next day so we headed to a small town called Eschau, France for an overnight stay. The park only around 20 miles from the hotel across the Rhine in Germany. Being only a two star the rooms were clean. (other than bits of rubbish under the beds) Clean bedding, nice bathroom so can't ask more from the 2 star rating. We arrived on a hot day after just driving through from the North of England so tired and thirsty. What was really nice was that it had an outside restaurant and the drinks went down a treat. They also served food which looked pretty good but we had already eaten elsewhere. The manger on the evening was very helpful with information about an alternative route across the Rhein by means of a free ferry boat. (what he didn't know was that the ferry was having maintenance at the time, some you lose eh).
I did eventually get a key for the internet but that was absolutely useless and a waste of time. So points lost for this.
No Air Condition but it was not expected

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2012

the hotel is near from Strasbourg in the calm and nice village Eschau.
it is easy to go (and come back) to Strasbourg with the highway A35. I recommend to use Google and StreetView to "visit" first on a virtual way.
the staff is friendly, the room is clean and the food is succulent with many specialities from Alsace.
The Breakfast could offer more variety... it was really "basic".
the parking lot is small (7-8 places).
There is a nice lake (centre nautique de la Hardt) between Eschau and Strasbourg in Illkirch-Grafenstaden (near from the highway) to swim or simply relax.
The best parking lot in Strasbourg is Place des Halles (Boulevard Sebastopol) under the Mall. It's cheap and only 15 minutes to the place Kleber and the Cathedrale.
I recommend to make a guided tours of Strasbourg on river boats with Batorama to have a better overview of the city (and story).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family