“Horrible place!!!!”

Hotel-Restaurant au Cygne
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eschau
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Last review update was 2016 so if it was once a nice place ... today in July 2017 IT IS NOT!!
1. Rooms are smelly as if they have not been aired out in ages.
2. Spider webs and spiders all over.
3. No one is ever at the reception
4. The rooms are not stocked. We had a room with a empty row of tissue, Huge spiders in bathroom and over the bed dirty walls etc. I went to the restaurant as " no one is ever at reception" and demanded a better room. They were nice and gave me but still it was not great. The bed was short like me and my husband are like 5.7 and our feet were hanging off. My kids work up with bites we let that creepy place so fast never to return.
So my advise is stay away!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 November 2016

Enjoyed the stay. I had the room in the photo. Clean and well appointed. Let down by a couple of details (shower head was loose, blind was broken), but did not put me off as the price was reasonable. The best part was the adjoining restaurant, which was excellent. The restaurant was completely full due to a party one night, but as I was resident they found me a table and looked after me very well. All the staff were very helpful, from arrival to departure. I will stay again as I need more time to discover Strasbourg.

Room Tip: I suspect the rooms in the newer extension are more comfortably equipped
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2015

We visited for an evening with French friends and the restaurant was attractive with welcoming staff,. BUT I ordered a fillet steak "medium" and had to return it TWICE as the blood ran out of it each time I cut in. This meant that the others had virtually finished their main courses - which were good- before I could start mine. Also the vegetables had not been changed - it seemed that they had probably been put in a microwave to reheat them - not good. This is the first time that we have had such difficulty getting a steak correctly cooked in France. We will not go there again.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2015

I stayed in this hotel 5 night, while being on a business trip there. The rooms are spacious and pretty clean but with old furniture. There was free internet connection, but really slow so I wasn't able to use it too much. The staff is really friendly and the restaurant is awesome. Really good food and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 6 was ok.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was travelling with 3 of my children to Switzerland. On the way we intended to go to the theme park "Europapark" the very next day so we headed to a small town called Eschau, France for an overnight stay. The park only around 20 miles from the hotel across the Rhine in Germany. Being only a two star the rooms were clean. (other than bits of rubbish under the beds) Clean bedding, nice bathroom so can't ask more from the 2 star rating. We arrived on a hot day after just driving through from the North of England so tired and thirsty. What was really nice was that it had an outside restaurant and the drinks went down a treat. They also served food which looked pretty good but we had already eaten elsewhere. The manger on the evening was very helpful with information about an alternative route across the Rhein by means of a free ferry boat. (what he didn't know was that the ferry was having maintenance at the time, some you lose eh).
I did eventually get a key for the internet but that was absolutely useless and a waste of time. So points lost for this.
No Air Condition but it was not expected

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eschau
4.5 km away
Le Lodge Hotel Strasbourg
#68 of 131 in Strasbourg
19.3 km away
B&B Hotel Strasbourg Nord Industrie

Been to Hotel-Restaurant au Cygne? Share your experiences!