Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Food is out of this world!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2020
766Annette001
Kilkenny, Ireland
Amazing

Reviewed 1 December 2019
aoibhinnw2019

All reviews out of this world fantastic food john ireland banter restaurant hospitality martina
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2020

We were met at the door by our friendly host Hazel and our experience was only starting. We were then brought through to the restaurant where we met John who was our chef for the night the experience was out of this world and my god the food was to die for it was scrumptious i have never tasted anything like it. It was so relaxing and John and Hazel enjoyed the banter with everyone . I would highly recommend and i hope to be able to visit them again soon. Thankyou to John and Hazel for a fantastic time

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed 1 December 2019

The Devils Menu is amazing. John, Hazel and Martina were so lovely and welcoming and the food was out of this world! I cannot recommend this place enough, I will definitely be back!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 20 November 2019 via mobile

The Devil’s Menu came highly recommended so of course while planning our visit to Ireland we made this visit a priority. And we were definitely not disappointed!!! Actually we were overwhelmed by the hospitality, the over the top amazing menu and of course the laughter and contagiously fun atmosphere. John and Hazel welcomed us into their home and set about serving us the most delicious meal we had on our entire vacation! John’s culinary expertise was outstanding. I highly, highly recommend scheduling an evening with this delightful chef!!!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 20 November 2019

I attended a business event here last week. John is a great character and he and his team put their heart and soul into each event. The food is made fresh with local ingredients and John explains each step along the way. The kitchen is cutting edge and John shows you how to make the most of all the latest features and gadgets. The freshly baked bread on it's own is worth going for, just make sure you leave room for the three course meal that follows! John's team make sure you are looked after and the organic red wine was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Thanks again John I'll be making my own mayonnaise from now on!

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 18 August 2019

Visited here with a group of work friends, was welcomed immediately by john and his team , Johns kitchen is fabulous , the smell of cooking on arrival is amazing. John has such passion for food we knew we were in good hands, all food is sourced fresh and local . I cleared my plate for every course , steak was cooked to perfection. Garlic bread and tomatoes were gorgeous. I will be recommending to all my foodie friends.

Date of experience: August 2019