Lock in the lowest price from these sites
All reviews the cottages great base for exploring andrea kilkenny graiguenamanagh barrow supervalu supermarket pottery
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2015

A Mount Brandon Cottage is a great place to stay if you want to come home to a quiet , clean and inviting cottage. We stayed for a week in cottage 1 in late September 2015 with another couple. The cottage was spotless with a well stocked kitchen. We really appreciated the two bathrooms, a washer and dryer/clothesline and Wi Fi. The living room had comfortable furniture arranged for conversation. The large round coffee table provide a centre for all sorts of planning. We even had a fire on several evenings.
Manager Andrea readily addressed any issues we had. An added bonus on the property was Mount Brandon Pottery School. I took advantage of classes to learn how to use a pottery wheel, an exellent experience. We found the house cool, but it is adequately supplied with heaters in every room and renters can decide how they are used. Renters also pay for the electricity used.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Well where can I begin? Arrived just after Super Value closed and it was starting to rain. The fist local I had encountered was Mark who was lovely and directed me to the garage where I could stock up on essentials. I met Mark and his lovely wife Tracy again who were very helpful. We went to the Kibabish for a take away, the chicken curry I had from there was lovely , and the children had pizza. The lads in there was friendly and good service keep it up guys. Andrea wasn't there to meet us but e-mailed me all details
Needed to get into our accomadation and contact details should we need help. And who could blame her for wanting to pursue her passion and summer is so short. Carmen called in 1st opportunity to make sure we were okay. I would stay there again we had a busy schedule but every time we came back it felt very relaxing. If we have one regret it is that we didn't have time for pottery classes.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2015

Visited cottages 1&2 . 6 adults, 2 children and baby. The cottages were excellent.
Clean, lovely location, near to Graiguenamanagh. Lovely garden/outside area for children to play safely. Andrea very helpful. Could not fault the place and will definately return.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2015

Mount Brandon Cottages where my first stop in Ireland and what a lucky thing. Andrea took great care of me and my sister, she went out of her way to make out time there wonderful and I will be back again the next time I visit Ireland. The town of Graignamanagh is the kind of village you imagine finding when you think of Ireland. I left reluctantly after having gotten to know quite a few locals, it's such a friendly place. The area is lovely, beside a river and surrounded by forest, a paradise for walkers and fishermen. My favorite pub (there's at least one pub per 300 residents, men, women, and children...) was Micky Doyles. Fav restaurant and music venue is the Globe. One day we were having a pint there, a member of the Commitments was going to be playing in the band that night and I mentionded that I always wanted to see that movie. The cook heard me and left the kitchen to go home and get me his dvd to loan it to me! That's the kind of folks who live in Graignamanach, and thats the kind of hospitality you receive at Mount Brandon.

Room tip: There are 2 cottages, both are equally excellent.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank dorothy d
Reviewed 20 February 2015

Such a warm welcome from Andrea at Brandon Cottages. Cottage had everything and the grounds were beautiful. Very Relaxing and Peaceful. Cant wait to visit again. Short hop to Graignamanagh and Kilkenny.

Date of stay: December 2014