Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the cottages great base for exploring andrea kilkenny graiguenamanagh barrow supervalu supermarket pottery
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2015

Mount Brandon Cottages where my first stop in Ireland and what a lucky thing. Andrea took great care of me and my sister, she went out of her way to make out time there wonderful and I will be back again the next time I visit Ireland. The town of Graignamanagh is the kind of village you imagine finding when you think of Ireland. I left reluctantly after having gotten to know quite a few locals, it's such a friendly place. The area is lovely, beside a river and surrounded by forest, a paradise for walkers and fishermen. My favorite pub (there's at least one pub per 300 residents, men, women, and children...) was Micky Doyles. Fav restaurant and music venue is the Globe. One day we were having a pint there, a member of the Commitments was going to be playing in the band that night and I mentionded that I always wanted to see that movie. The cook heard me and left the kitchen to go home and get me his dvd to loan it to me! That's the kind of folks who live in Graignamanach, and thats the kind of hospitality you receive at Mount Brandon.

Room tip: There are 2 cottages, both are equally excellent.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank dorothy d
Reviewed 20 February 2015

Such a warm welcome from Andrea at Brandon Cottages. Cottage had everything and the grounds were beautiful. Very Relaxing and Peaceful. Cant wait to visit again. Short hop to Graignamanagh and Kilkenny.

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tom h
Reviewed 18 October 2014

We spent a week at the cottages and loved our time here. Our host, Andrea, was very helpful, before we arrived she asked us what we liked to do and had loads of suggestions for food, drink and entertainment. She also provided lots of brochures for activities in the surrounding area. The peace, the trees, the cows in the next field, the sheep behind the house, the welcome and the coal fire all went into making our stay very memorable. The setting is lovely, and the surrounding area is beautiful, entertaining and a bit magical. I availed of the potter classes also and Carmen, Andrea’s sister, is an excellent teacher, skilled, encouraging and creative. We would definitely recommend a stay here.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Calmandstill
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here in July, the newest & the last of a number of properties we used over Ireland & Eire, it was a cold property, we were unable to use the heating as the instructions given didn't even say where the main switch for the heating was! It would be ideal if the recycling was taken from the property instead of having to take it to a recycling centre. Extra crockery is a must if the dishwasher is to be used economically. We found unexpected cleaning policies not mentioned on the booking website. All in all it felt a regimented stay & not the ending we expected to our Ireland holiday.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Andrea W, Owner at Mount Brandon Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

This review was posted just over 4 years ago and it has bugged me ever since.
So here is what happened during the short stay of the Workmans.
I was in the very unfortunate position of being in a wheelchair at the time of your stay, haven broken both my feet.
When checking your party in, I did ask you to please let me know straight away if there was anything amiss, anything you are not happy with or anything you were unsure about. This is something I mention to all of my guests when they arrive.
On both days following your arrival, I tried to make contact with you, making my way with great problems over to your cottage, but you were not around.
All it would have taken, was for one of your able-bodied party to call to my house, which is a stone's throw away from the cottages and your heating problem could have been solved straight away.
You will be pleased to hear that we have since installed a NETATMO controller in the hall, which shows the temperature in the house and which can also be accessed via my mobile, so I can set the heat, even if I was not around (or in a wheelchair).
Apologies for not taking the recycling from the property, which is something I do and offer to guests and can now again do, seen that I am back on my feet.
Best regards
Andrea

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked two houses here over New Years and were very happy with our stay. We were made very welcome by Andrea and the cottages were nice and cosy in a picturesque setting. The town is only a short 5 minute walk away with lovely walks and pubs!

Date of stay: December 2013